OGIO Stealth Tail Bag - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 68 Old 06-22-2012, 11:00 PM

Might have been answered before, but although I am slightly 'inseem challenged', I still don't understand how anyone gets their leg over a bag like that, unless they have 40+ inch legs.

Is there a technique I don't know about? :P lol

I am the Stig's father's brother's cousin's nephew's former roommate.

Bike: 2014 Honda CBR650F (Silver)
Past: 2011 Honda CBR250RA (Red/Silver) - Sold @ 12,734KM (gone but not forgotten)
The Following User Says Thank You to Conundrum For This Useful Post:
snick8467 (07-17-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 68 Old 06-22-2012, 11:42 PM

I've got a 29" inseam, 64 years, and a bigger (lol) waistline. What I do when my tail bag is on, I'll back off about 1 1/2', lift my right leg as high as I can, lift my foot over the seat, then rock forward (to the right) and slide my inner leg down the right side of the bike, if I'm really tired, I'll grab the bottom of my pants hem and lift my foot as if doing a roundhouse kick, and down on the right side. Not the most attractive move, my roundhouse kick nearly died the first time I tried to get on this thing. There is a company on Ebay that sells a lowering kit for the CBR250 that will drop it 4", I've not seen it applied, nor heard of anyone using it, but for us that don't fit into the long, lean, and lanky look, it may be a viable alternative. I think I recall someone mentioning that they had rejected it and just got used to lifting their leg. However, with a tailbag, for someone that needs one, for more than an occasional use, like myself, that may be the best route to go. Another thing, if you do decide to go that route, is you will also need to make compensation for the kickstand, the same company that makes the lowering kit, also has an adjustable kickstand that they sell in conjunction with the lowering kit. The combined setup,
Soupys CBR250R Adjustable Lowering Link Kickstand Side Stand DISCOUNT Kit 11 12 | eBay
is $259 + shipping

Doc
Good luck in your quest.
post #13 of 68 Old 06-23-2012, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
You guys are funny and need to work on the flexibility. Lean over the tank bend the knee kick yourself in the butt and lift it over.

post #14 of 68 Old 06-24-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochonda View Post
Also, A 15" notebook fits poorly inside the bag, taking up way too much space. You have to cram it in. I think I'll just bungee my current notebook bag for the summer & call it good.
My problem is that I have to somehow fit a 17" notebook in a bag and I can't find any bags that mention the internal size other than "fits most notebooks" which doesn't say much. I guess i'll be getting one of those Givi gym type bags and attaching my camelback huge backpack to the top of it for the laptop and camera stuff + the camelback carries 3 liters of water too.

I knew I should've kept that 10" netbook, lol.
post #15 of 68 Old 06-25-2012, 05:58 PM

Hey all, I'm new to riding and bike customization. I'm also looking to get a tail bag for my commuting needs as well. How does one mount this particular one? Will I have to drill anything?
post #16 of 68 Old 06-25-2012, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I put the straps crossed under the tail/rear seat compartment. No tools required.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katedwolf For This Useful Post:
Jessydog (08-01-2013), Kenister (04-27-2013)
post #17 of 68 Old 06-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,940 Posts
OGIO Stealth Tail Bag Review

I picked up a OGIO Stealth Tail Bag last week at the local motorcycle emporium. Nice bag... to me it looks as though it could have been made for the CBR. I used an aluminum climbing carabiner(about $5.00 at REI) to connect the sewn loop ends of the four straps under the pillion seat. Un-clip the quick release buckles to remove the bag from the bike, and the straps stay in place under the seat.

The main interior compartment actually measures 12"Lx10"Wx5"H with 2.5" additional height expanded, plus the two side compartments, which measure 10"x4"x1" each, and the top pocket, which measures 10"x9". The side compartments feature wedge shaped closed cell foam inserts, which stiffen the whole bag structure, and at the same time gives the bag its "stealthy" look. It also has a rain hood, which is stored in its own zippered pocket. In the main compartment there is a clip to keep your keys secure. The bottom of the bag has a rubberized pad to protect paint, which also helps to grip the surface of the seat. With the straps cinched up tight, the bag is very secure on the bike.

This tail bag is ideal for carrying the basic necessities on a long day ride, or for carrying the brown bag lunch when commuting to work. As far as carrying a notebook computer, anything much bigger than a 13" MacBook isn't going to fit into this bag. All in all, I think the OGIO Stealth tail bag is a good value and size for the money. Maybe worth noting is that this product is made in Vietnam, not China. The tail bag has a lifetime warranty in the USA (30 years in the EU).

I paid $69.95 plus sales tax, at the local dealer. Online selling prices seem to be about the same, plus shipping.

All in all, this is a really nice tailbag... and well worth its price, IMO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1169.jpg (245.7 KB, 500 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1172.jpg (332.5 KB, 442 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1173.jpg (166.1 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1175.jpg (314.0 KB, 480 views)

Last edited by MotoMike; 01-23-2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Re-sized Photos
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MotoMike For This Useful Post:
eva mcevil (08-03-2012), JuzOne (06-22-2013), kadookoo (02-05-2015), Kenister (04-27-2013), lnical (05-25-2013), meekmade (01-23-2014), MJude68 (11-10-2012)
post #18 of 68 Old 07-10-2012, 04:21 PM

Out of interest how does this one mount on our CBR250R? I'm actually leaning to getting one now (started to tire of always having the backpack), and my fastpack (current tailbag) doesn't really hold that much in comparison.

Past: 2011 Honda CBR250RA (Red/Silver) - Sold @ 12,734KM (gone but not forgotten)
post #19 of 68 Old 07-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
Out of interest how does this one mount on our CBR250R? I'm actually leaning to getting one now (started to tire of always having the backpack), and my fastpack (current tailbag) doesn't really hold that much in comparison.
I'll try to post a couple pics tonight showing how I have mine attached. See my review above for the mounting description.
post #20 of 68 Old 07-13-2012, 06:49 PM

MotoMike -- Thanks for posting the pics (now I understand what you meant about the carabiner et all).

Looks like a fairly good solution, and means I could probably run with my fastpack under the ogio, meaning always have the fastpack on the bike (for times I might not expect to carry anything) and stick on the ogio if I am going for a dayride and don't want to dawn the backpack.

One quick question though, given how the rear straps go up near the grab rails/handles (not sure what they are called exactly), have you noticed it wear through the paint at all? I doubt it would, but wanted to check. I also had questions about running it with the bag 'off' (and the buckles damaging things), but clearly you can just stow the cables and carabiner in the underseat when not using the tailpack.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page