OGIO Stealth Tail Bag - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 68 Old 07-13-2012, 06:58 PM

I really like that bag!! It doesnt look silly on the bike either, like some bags do. Ill have to keep this one in mind when I am ready for another!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'12 CBR250r ---> My only wheels!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 68 Old 07-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
MotoMike -- Thanks for posting the pics (now I understand what you meant about the carabiner et all).

Looks like a fairly good solution, and means I could probably run with my fastpack under the ogio, meaning always have the fastpack on the bike (for times I might not expect to carry anything) and stick on the ogio if I am going for a dayride and don't want to dawn the backpack.

One quick question though, given how the rear straps go up near the grab rails/handles (not sure what they are called exactly), have you noticed it wear through the paint at all? I doubt it would, but wanted to check. I also had questions about running it with the bag 'off' (and the buckles damaging things), but clearly you can just stow the cables and carabiner in the underseat when not using the tailpack.
I haven't had any issues as far as paint on the passenger handles rubbing off. The straps are a fairly snug fit under the passenger handles, so they stay in place when the bag is off. I chose to route the rear straps through that slot between the passenger handles and the upper tail light housing because it worked well in relation to the overall length of the tail bag. When I first routed the rear straps directly through the gap between the rear pillion seat and the upper tail light housing, that method allowed the tail bag to move a couple inches fore and aft on the seat, due to the seat being shorter than the bag, even though I had tightened the straps as much as possible. So then I realized that by going under the passenger handles with the rear straps, the fore and aft movement was eliminated. The straps are easy to slide into the gap under the handles, so stowing the straps under the seat, or even just removing them from the bike altogether is not a problem. You may have noticed from the photo of the rear of the bag installed that I folded the rear corners of the bottom pad for a cleaner look where the pad meets the upper tail light housing. As I said in my review, this bag looks as if it were made for the CBR250R. All in all, I really like this tail bag and highly recommend it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MotoMike For This Useful Post:
daveoh (08-09-2012)
post #23 of 68 Old 07-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshukuiye View Post
I really like that bag!! It doesnt look silly on the bike either, like some bags do. Ill have to keep this one in mind when I am ready for another!
Agreed... it looks good (just big enough with out looking like you've got a big old suitcase strapped on back there), is very functional and well designed. IMO it is the Tail Bag to have.

BTW, I don't usually endorse stuff... so this is kind of an exceptional case.

post #24 of 68 Old 07-13-2012, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
I haven't had any issues as far as paint on the passenger handles rubbing off. The straps are a fairly snug fit under the passenger handles, so they stay in place when the bag is off. IThe straps are easy to slide into the gap under the handles, so stowing the straps under the seat, or even just removing them from the bike altogether is not a problem. You may have noticed from the photo of the rear of the bag installed that I folded the rear corners of the bottom pad for a cleaner look where the pad meets the upper tail light housing. As I said in my review, this bag looks as if it were made for the CBR250R. All in all, I really like this tail bag and highly recommend it.
Thanks Mike for summing this up nicely. I did the same set up and have been well pleased with the bag. I've had it on for about 1500 miles now and not noticed any paint rub or ill effects. I really like all the compartments and how well the zippers function. Fortunately I haven't had to try out the rain cover yet..
The Following User Says Thank You to katedwolf For This Useful Post:
MotoMike (07-13-2012)
post #25 of 68 Old 07-17-2012, 11:37 AM

Will this thing comfortably hold a DSLR, an extra lens and external flash?
post #26 of 68 Old 07-17-2012, 12:30 PM

Ok. Finally sat down to order last night. I can't find it ANYWHERE! It's backordered on every site. Can anyone find it? If so shoot me a PM so I can get it. Bummed out.

My MSF instructor on the subject of animals:

"If it is small enough to put on a plate and eat in one serving....HIT IT."

post #27 of 68 Old 07-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlntSam View Post
Will this thing comfortably hold a DSLR, an extra lens and external flash?
It will, with room to spare.
post #28 of 68 Old 07-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkincaid1024 View Post
Ok. Finally sat down to order last night. I can't find it ANYWHERE! It's backordered on every site. Can anyone find it? If so shoot me a PM so I can get it. Bummed out.
Did you check at ogio.com? I believe they will sell direct. Another one to try is competitionaccessories.com
post #29 of 68 Old 07-17-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Did you check at ogio.com? I believe they will sell direct. Another one to try is competitionaccessories.com
compacc.com is the first place I looked. I usually order from them. katedwolf shot me a link. Ordered.

My MSF instructor on the subject of animals:

"If it is small enough to put on a plate and eat in one serving....HIT IT."

post #30 of 68 Old 07-17-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
It will, with room to spare.
Thanks, I ordered one as well. I don't have my bike yet though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page