Rear Stands - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 59 Old 07-11-2012, 04:00 PM

I too have the Harbor Freight Swingarm Stand on sale for a whopping $23. Pushes a little into the muffler cover, but I'm dropping that muffler anyways....

Black and red all over...

Currently: Racetech Springs - BelRay Fork 5w Oil - 13t Front Sprocket- Spiegler Brake Lines - Adjustable Levers - Sportbikes Unlimited Bar Ends/Sliders - Pilot Road 3's(best upgrade yet!)

Installing soon: Racetech Emulators - Silkolene Fork Oil - 40t Sprocket - 55w HID

Next on the Buy List: Jardine Exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 59 Old 07-12-2012, 06:34 AM

I just got a Kaneg rear stand. It set me back $96, and despite stating I didn't want the spool options, it still came with both (spool supports and the flat pads for bikes without). So if I get spools, or another bike with spools, I just swap it out and away it goes. I have to say, the service from Kaneg was amazing. I ordered around midday Monday (the guys are in Melbourne) and the stand was in my office (just north of Sydney) the next day. I haven't put it together yet (it's not a one-piece unit), but it looks sturdy. Not sure I'd want to put a $20K plus litre bike on it, but for a lightweight 250cc, it'll do fine.

Mazda 2006 SP23
Honda 2012 CBR 250R (ABS)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Fuel Mileage)
post #23 of 59 Old 07-13-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShadow View Post
I just got a Kaneg rear stand. It set me back $96, and despite stating I didn't want the spool options, it still came with both (spool supports and the flat pads for bikes without). So if I get spools, or another bike with spools, I just swap it out and away it goes. I have to say, the service from Kaneg was amazing. I ordered around midday Monday (the guys are in Melbourne) and the stand was in my office (just north of Sydney) the next day. I haven't put it together yet (it's not a one-piece unit), but it looks sturdy. Not sure I'd want to put a $20K plus litre bike on it, but for a lightweight 250cc, it'll do fine.
Let us know if there are any rubbing issues with exhaust or anything.

post #24 of 59 Old 07-13-2012, 05:08 AM

Will do. Gotta get me some bigger allen keys first though - none of mine are big enough to handle the bolts to put it together!

Mazda 2006 SP23

(Fuel Mileage)
post #25 of 59 Old 07-14-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Harbor Freight. Cut off the lip on the left side. Works perfect. $30. I bought two.
Motorcycle Swingarm Rear Stand
Agree with that!
Got one and it works great!
Eventually when I have the $$$ I'll probably get spools and maybe the Pitbull.
But....until then....for $29.99....it does the job.
post #26 of 59 Old 07-14-2012, 09:51 PM

There doesn't appear to be any issues with the (stock) exhaust and the Kaneg rear stand. I will post piccies later.

Mazda 2006 SP23

(Fuel Mileage)
post #27 of 59 Old 07-15-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matao87 View Post
Looking at getting a rear stand mostly for chain maintenance, not for long term storage (since I ride year-round) and came across this on ebay:

NEW BIKE REAR MOTORCYCLE SWING ARM STAND PADDOCK STAND | eBay

Any reason why this would NOT work on our CBR? Looks like it will hold it right on the swing arm and not need spools.

$37 seems to be a steal.

bought this stand last week...works great on our CBR's..very solid stand...I am very pleased with it...will work just fine for long term storage as well...........thanks for sharing the link

I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING I READ AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT I SEE

post #28 of 59 Old 07-17-2012, 03:53 AM

http://sdrv.ms/NQz93M

There's a bees [email protected]&k in it, but I had it forward of the rear wheel axel nuts. If you set it behind, or have spools, you'll have even more room. Click above link for a photo (I tried embedding, but it wouldn't load).

The stand is fairly sturdy, I think a single-piece like a PitBull would be more stable, but for something like the CBR the Kaneg is brilliant.

Mazda 2006 SP23

(Fuel Mileage)

Last edited by MrShadow; 07-17-2012 at 03:56 AM.
post #29 of 59 Old 07-17-2012, 11:40 AM

FWIW, and I know the Pit Bull stand is kind of pricey, but it makes no contact with the bike other than the swing arms where it's supposed to, the pads are round so it rolls the bike up and lets it down very easily, the pads can be swapped to accommodate spools whenever you need to, and it's likely the last stand you'll need to buy. Just wanted to lay down some features in the event any of you ever feel the desire to get one in the future. I can totally understand wanting a lower priced stand though, so carry on.

C'mon, sko sko sko!
post #30 of 59 Old 07-17-2012, 01:24 PM

Garage
Pit Bulls are the cat's meow when it comes to stands. I can think of none better.
But cheaper stands will work fine on our extremely light weight bike.
If I didn't already own my Pit Bull stands and didn't need them for any bike but the 250 I wouldn't hesitate to go cheap.

They do make changing tires nice & easy

Sent from my not so smart phone using any means necessary

The road to enlightenment is more fun on a motorcycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page