Replace the passenger seat w/ a Givi E340? - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-27-2011, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Lightbulb Replace the passenger seat w/ a Givi E340?

I've been thinking that this may be the best way to add a case to my CBR250R. If I can attach the E340 universal mounting plate to an extra passenger seat (or better yet, just the metal frame that attaches the seat to the bike) then with a twist of the key I can swap the passenger seat for the case or vice versa.

. He attached it to a spare seat, which may be difficult for us to get. I think if I could get just the steel frame from the cowl (as seen in the image below) and attach the universal mounting plate it would look cleaner and sit even lower on the bike.

--Photo credit to Macca--

I'd prefer to have a mounted case instead of continuing to use a backpack. The E340 should be large enough to hold my laptop, work shoes, rain gear and miscellaneous odds & ends.

What does everyone think?

~Drew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-27-2011, 05:03 PM

Think that thing would end up flying off. Seems like overkill.
How would you even swing your leg over it?
Have you looked at saddle bags instead?
The one on the scooter looked alright. I think if I had to haul that much stuff Id look into a sport tourer. Honda has that new 700cc vtwin ST that looks sweet.

Last edited by madd-trapper; 05-27-2011 at 05:05 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-27-2011, 06:35 PM

I like the idea. I have a bunch of stuff to haul around and being able to just toss them into a spacious secure box would be so convenient. Mounting it to a seat/cowl frame allowing a fast swap out is really convenient too. The seat cowl is a standard Honda Accessory ?

post #4 of 5 Old 05-28-2011, 05:44 AM

You could, or get a shop to weld up a frame the same as the cowl.

In australia the cowl was $300+ AUD

I have seen it on Ebay USA for $160ish

not cheap.

The wire used on the cowl is not big however not sure on its strength.

Much cheaper idea, buy another rear seat, and then screw some nice mig bolts thru the foam and plastic with some nice big mud flap washers to hold it on.

or even remove the foam from the seat and get some foam made flat and do the above.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-28-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca View Post
You could, or get a shop to weld up a frame the same as the cowl.

In australia the cowl was $300+ AUD

I have seen it on Ebay USA for $160ish

not cheap.

The wire used on the cowl is not big however not sure on its strength.

Much cheaper idea, buy another rear seat, and then screw some nice mig bolts thru the foam and plastic with some nice big mud flap washers to hold it on.

or even remove the foam from the seat and get some foam made flat and do the above.
I'm never going to carry a passenger, so now I'm thinking that I might just use my existing passenger seat (perhaps get a replacement seat in a year or 2 or 3 after these things start getting wrecked and used parts go up for sale). If I did go with this some steel reinforcement for the bolts will definitely be in order. On the cheap, perhaps some hardware store reinforcing plates 'joining up' the bolts will do the trick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page