Engine Case Sliders-Who Has Them? - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 05-04-2016, 07:27 PM

are you looking for crash bars like I have on mine?
I got them on eBay from Russia...with the directions in Russian...THAT was fun, lol, but I figured it out!

...they've already done their job on the left side when I fell from some deep gravel!
DickyDck likes this.

2012 CBR250R Naked Orange
The Following User Says Thank You to thefeev For This Useful Post:
atown8605 (05-07-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 05-04-2016, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeev View Post
I got them on eBay from Russia...with the directions in Russian...THAT was fun, lol, but I figured it out!

...they've already done their job on the left side when I fell from some deep gravel!
No, those still look like they run the risk of bending the frame which is why i am also not looking at frame sliders.

Plus those seem to prevent the side fairings from attaching and I would like to have the protection on 24/7 and not compromise the look of the bike. Also I never even knew they made crash protection like that the 250! I have only seen stuff like that on bigger bikes

2012 CBR250R Black
Mods:
Racetech springs and emulators, Yamaha R6 shock, Yoshi Rearset Risers, Babyface GP Shift adapter, EBC HH Sintered Front and Rear Brake Pads, CBR600RR pegs, Mirror delete with CBR600RR block offs, Ebay Bar-end mirror, Red LED dash, The2Wheels levers, Homemade Fender Eliminator, LED Blinkers, Tank pads and grips, CBR300R seat, Spider Peak red Grips, Vortex Clip ons, DFC, Delkevic 14' Slip on, Spiegler Braided Front Brake Line,Black Rims
Soon to be mods:
Big Bore?
post #13 of 18 Old 05-04-2016, 07:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR Blaize View Post
Like I said before in this post. I don't care that much about a low side on the road. I am worried about going to the track. If I low side and break a case cover and dump oil on the track im going to ruin everyone else's track day.
Understood. I had read your earlier post. My bike is a race bike only, so I'm talking about damage at the track. If the long bolt catches and strips out of the motor mount, then you are probably less likely to spill oil (although that's still a possibility), but you are likely to have some un-fun fixing to do on your bike.

I've low-sided my CBR250 without sliders or guards, and it didn't do any damage to the crankcase cover. But I haven't low-sided on the stator side, which is much more open.

Just trying to help. If you get them and crash test them, let us know how it goes.
Stichill likes this.

CMRA #914
2014 R6 - Track Bike
2012 CBR250R - Track Bike
2088 VFR800 - Daily Commuter

post #14 of 18 Old 05-05-2016, 07:08 PM

I wouldn't waste my money on them. My 250 is a race only bike and I have been down on both sides a couple of times. Not once has there been so much as a scratch on either case cover. The points of contact the bike seems to like slide on are- clip-on tube, upper corner of the upper fairing next to the instrument panel, Rear set peg, exhaust, and the tail fairing on the outside right about where your butt would be.

Every crash is different and I'm sure it would be possible to damage them, but at that point IMHO you've written the bike completely off.
Stichill and kfox like this.
post #15 of 18 Old 10-30-2016, 06:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeev View Post

can't find these on ebay anymore, but I wish I could. Found them on russian sites but I don't read russion nor do I trust it.

If you are scared then don't get on the bike because you won't enjoy riding with fear as your passenger...
post #16 of 18 Old 05-31-2017, 11:18 PM

Garage
Wanted to chime in here, my girlfriend went down at the track and the frame sliders I had on there saved ALL the fairings...

PLEASE don't leave any inflammatory remarks on this video, she has only been riding about a year and this was her 3rd time at the track. Yes she was chasing too closely, yes she freaked and whiskey throttled it, I don't need the reminder and neither does she.

https://youtu.be/lkDYdpomBIU
at 10 minute mark

it keeps uploading this file upside down but you get the idea, no fairing damage, some scrapes on the foot peg, and shaved the rubber off the shifter.

http://blackpathinc.com/shop/motorcy...laceable-tips/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1568.jpg (173.2 KB, 5 views)

If you are scared then don't get on the bike because you won't enjoy riding with fear as your passenger...

Last edited by DickyDck; 05-31-2017 at 11:24 PM.
post #17 of 18 Old 06-01-2017, 03:43 PM

Glad she took it well and walked away unscathed. She was also only doing 20 MPH; that was a slow and relatively low impact fall. A faster and harder fall could have still got to the fairings and possibly bent the frame, particularly with pucks that stick out that far.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
post #18 of 18 Old 06-01-2017, 04:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrlocal View Post
Glad she took it well and walked away unscathed. She was also only doing 20 MPH; that was a slow and relatively low impact fall. A faster and harder fall could have still got to the fairings and possibly bent the frame, particularly with pucks that stick out that far.
Yeah, fortunately it was around a turn. Frame sliders are not meant to take 60mph 100yard slides. but where it was on the ground it could have slid a good while longer before marring up the fairings. The ducati she took out was not so well off unfortunately, for being a panigale the factory sliders didn't do jack shyte, she ground down the clutch case/cover pretty good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page