Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/)
-   CBR250 Parts and Accessories (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-parts-accessories/)
-   -   Fender eliminator kits...yes, no? (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-parts-accessories/61745-fender-eliminator-kits-yes-no.html)

TrippplePPP 07-23-2016 11:41 PM

Fender eliminator kits...yes, no?

Who here has done a fender eliminator kit? I see yoshimura versions and also $35 one from ebay that are similar. Is it worth it?

Does he fender help anything that I can't think of like rain splashing up during wet weather? Visibility by other drivers?

Does it really look any better? I kind of like the look with the fender. But I like doing small projects on my bike and this might be fun to do.

What do you think?

cbrlocal 07-24-2016 12:09 AM

No. Don't. Waste of money and one puddle will soak your back.

LGM 07-24-2016 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrippplePPP (Post 636041)
Who here has done a fender eliminator kit? I see yoshimura versions and also $35 one from ebay that are similar. Is it worth it?

Does he fender help anything that I can't think of like rain splashing up during wet weather? Visibility by other drivers?

Does it really look any better? I kind of like the look with the fender. But I like doing small projects on my bike and this might be fun to do.

What do you think?

Im selling my bike so Im selling the Yoshimura fender eliminator that I removed from it, PM me if you are interested, it is like new.

I also have the Yoshimura Frame slider and JPR (USA) levers.

Let me know.

TrippplePPP 07-24-2016 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrlocal (Post 636049)
No. Don't. Waste of money and one puddle will soak your back.

Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it.

shisoshin 07-24-2016 01:56 AM

the first question is 'why?'

if someone wants to sell you something
for your motorcycle, before deciding yes/no
ask the question 'why'..

some want to put oversized rear tyres on their bike,
so as to 'look like a bigger bike'..
again, for some, the question is still 'why'..

for some tho, reason doesnt come into it,
if they want it, thats good enough..
depending on who and what you are,
you might not care much beyond
wanting it.. it that case check out threads here
and elsewhere on members who have had problems
with electrics etc related to their 'eliminators'..

they come up for sale [as this thread]
so you can take it off again if you like..
just wrap the original and put it away somewhere
in case you decide to sell, or ride in the rain etc..

TrueFaith 07-24-2016 11:09 AM

I used to commute in the rain a lot and if I still did that regularly I'd leave the fender on.
Now I ride strictly for recreation and avoid riding in the rain, so I use a fender eliminator.
I initially bought a cheap Hotbodies one. All plastic, but it held up for a couple of years anyway.
Replaced it with a Yoshimura. Metal, much better quality and the LED lights are a big bonus.
It's been on for 2 years and is head and shoulders above the Hotbodies one.