Touring Windscreen - TYGA/Zero Gravity - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 Old 09-27-2012, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys just got the Honda Touring windshield! Fits awesome! Took a lil while to install as I decided to do this at night time and am definitely looking forward to trying it out tomorrow! It's gotten brisk in the mornings here so any way to deflect the wind is welcome!

Bought it from https://www.facebook.com/stevecog and highly recommend Steve! Good price, quick turnaround and overall a very pleasant experience!

Last edited by mimico_polak; 09-27-2012 at 11:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mimico_polak For This Useful Post:
sac (09-28-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 Old 10-10-2012, 02:59 PM

Do you have to be FB member to see the stevecog FB page? I refuse to join FB.

Here's what I see at the link (attached):

Last edited by Stichill; 08-24-2013 at 09:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stichill For This Useful Post:
sac (10-10-2012)
post #13 of 27 Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 PM

Im on FB and see the page maybe you can see it on google + without joining

https://plus.google.com/photos/11091...CO6BrI7Y1LLFbA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wilfor For This Useful Post:
Stichill (10-10-2012)

post #14 of 27 Old 10-10-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
Im on FB and see the page maybe you can see it on google + without joining

https://plus.google.com/photos/11091...CO6BrI7Y1LLFbA
Hey I can see the G+ page no problem - thanks! Great looking stuff.

Back on the thread topic: I got an email from Glenn at Zero Gravity with these comments about the different windscreens they offer:

Thanks for your inquiry about the new CBR250R. The Corsa and Double Bubble applications were designed more for tucking in behind the screen at high speed. The Sport Touring will give the most protection while sitting upright. However, the Double Bubble and Corsa both deflect more wind than the stock screen while riding upright. The person who loaned us his bike to create the screens is about 5'-8" and said the Sport Touring worked well for him. So I'm thinking this might be a good choice for you.
post #15 of 27 Old 10-12-2012, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

I've done a few good rides now with the screen from Thailand and at first I wasn't over impressed. It seemed louder, and like it wasn't doing much work...but then when I finished up a ride I felt much better. The airflow is just directed differently and it does make a difference. Maybe more wind going towards the helmet...not sure...overall I'm happy with the purchase though. 5'8 and typically sit straight up.
The Following User Says Thank You to mimico_polak For This Useful Post:
sac (10-12-2012)
post #16 of 27 Old 10-12-2012, 09:46 PM

I've had mine for a few months now and also am pretty happy with it. In fact, if mine would get damaged, I would definitely buy another one. I love that it's so easy to install, looks good from the front but some of the other screens probably have a better profile.
The wind blast has been removed from my chest and shoulders and is directed mid face screen at upright riding position. It's no goldwing mind you but a big improvement from stock. What I also like, and don't seem to see as much in the other aftermarket screens is how the top lip curves upward, giving some additional wind redirection, almost like a laminar lip.
The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Dweller For This Useful Post:
sac (10-12-2012)
post #17 of 27 Old 06-30-2013, 01:14 PM

Garage
I have received my TYGA screen and put it on today , after 6900km riding without I do feel the wind is now much higher. From chest/arms to neck/helmet only, this is making highway riding more comfortable for sure.

I know replacing the stock screen is maybe better looking but this was easy and quick and can return to stock in a minute so I can live with it.

Bye,
Richard

CBR250R as my 1st bike
post #18 of 27 Old 06-30-2013, 01:47 PM

Garage
post #19 of 27 Old 06-30-2013, 05:18 PM

This isn't pretty, but works very well and is quite easy to make, the total overall height is 21" and the width at the bottom is 15". The only difficult part, is getting the aluminum lower part radiused, but any sheet metal shop could do it easily. I didn't have a shop nearby, so I patiently used a ball peen hammer to shape it. The aluminum part of the shield is .077" thick, the top part is just a piece of 1/8" plexiglass I had laying around. The mounting brackets are made from an old aftermarket pickup truck aluminum running board, which is also about 1/8" thick.

You don't want to give the aluminum quite as tight a radius as the original shield and you will end up with about a 1" gap between the fairing and the shield right at the center, which causes no problems. You want to bend the brackets to pretty much match the angle of the fork tubes. I have more than 10,000 miles with the shield in place and have been very happy with it. I have never ridden in the rain with it, so I can't comment on that. I use handlebar mirrors, but you can easily use the stock mirrors if you desire, just use longer bolts and mount them right on top of the brackets. I don't know how much luck I'll have in sending a picture with this and if it doesn't work out and you're interested in it, just send me your e-mail and I'll send you several.

For the pictures I have, e-mail me at [email protected] please put Honda Shield in the subject field.
Dan
AKA Dailyrider
PS: I'm 6 feet tall.HondaShield2.JPG

HondaShield3.JPG

HondaShield4.JPG

HondaShield5.JPG
post #20 of 27 Old 08-11-2013, 06:29 PM

I bought the Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen and used it for 3 months. I thought it was too narrow and it created turbulence on my shoulders that eventually became annoying. So I sold it and bought the Honda Sport Touring windscreen from Tyga Performance in Thailand. I like it much more. It is wider and seems to distribute the air better at highway speeds. The mounting over the stock screen looked a little strange to me at first but it has grown on me. It seems to reduce the highway fatigue a lot during my daily commute. Also, a bonus with this windscreen that I haven't seen anyone mention is the triangle 'creases' on the sides. I couldn't figure out what they were for at first. They direct the air away from the hand grips. It's pretty amazing and my hands don't get as cold on cool morning rides to work. I know it's the middle of summer but we've had some strange weather this year in Ohio. I'm sure I'll appreciate it even more this fall.

Anyways, I highly recommend the Honda Touring Screen from Tyga - it works very well for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page