Touring Windscreen - TYGA/Zero Gravity - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 09-04-2012, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Touring Windscreen - TYGA/Zero Gravity

Hey guys,

I was looking at purchasing a touring screen as the wind gets rather annoying after a while and have so far found the following:

TYGA - Tyga Performance - Screen, Touring, Dark Tint, OEM Honda, 2011 CBR125/150/250R - Screens

Zero Gravity - Windscreen Innovators - Zero Gravity

The price difference is like $10 (not sure about shipping yet) and I was just looking for any comparison that someone may have for these.

The ZG screen requires a full removal of the OEM screen and replacement, while the TYGA is a straight bolt on through the mirrors.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to mimico_polak For This Useful Post:
NjaGrl (06-29-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 09-04-2012, 11:08 PM

I've got the Tyga windscreen and really like it. It bends the wind about neck high for me and I pretty much ride almost straight up, at 6'. I've not tried removing the fairing parts, there are others that have done it for aftermarket tinted screens. Do a search on the forum, I believe someone has even done a step by step thread. The Tyga is very easy to switch out, if you are as mechanically oriented as I am, I hate wrenches and things of that ilk.
Shipping was high, but quick, considering it came from Thailand, I think $40, if I were to somehow break the one I've got, I'd re-order another.

Doc
post #3 of 27 Old 09-05-2012, 03:07 AM

Zero Gravity

To my understanding Zero Gravity is still not shipping the tinted windscreen. I purchased the Zero Gravity touring windscreen in clear and love the way it deflects the air. I and 6' and sit straight to hunched on the bike.

By the way I am very mechanically inclined and was able to install the windshield without assistance in about an hour and a half. But if you take your time and remember how you took the bike apart it is not a hard process at all.

Last edited by Jmia18; 09-05-2012 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Added Install Experiance
The Following User Says Thank You to Jmia18 For This Useful Post:
Rrider (03-29-2013)

post #4 of 27 Old 09-05-2012, 03:34 AM

^ how do you like it so far? I'm thinking about ordering a tinted one. While tucked, can you see over it or are you looking right through it now?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 27 Old 09-05-2012, 09:33 AM

When I am tucked I see right over the windscreen. BTW I love the windscreen. I was having neck problems from the turbulence hitting my helmet and that has cleared up with the new windscreen. I may one day buying a tinted screen to replace but I could not wait since the bike is my mode of transportation to and from work (100 miles round trip)
post #6 of 27 Old 09-05-2012, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys I really appreciate the quick responses. Doktor do you have a pic of the screen on the bike? I prefer the direct bolt on simply due to simplicity of install but I'd like to see how the thing will look on a real bike (not on the mfg's website).

Might be something I'll do during the winter so as not to lose any riding time!
post #7 of 27 Old 09-07-2012, 10:35 PM

I apologize for the delay.
My wife was recently diagnosed with multiple myeloma, and this is the first time that I've been able to have a few minutes just for me. Please forgive the quality of the picture, I took it with my phone and sent it to myself.
Don't judge my attention to a web forum as being selfish, as a health care provider, I've been very much involved with her treatment, she has already received her first dose of chemotherapy, with none of the often thought of symptoms. She broke her hip, which is how the diagnosis was made during the surgery to correct that fracture. Her course of treatment is, in part, going to involve several weeks of residential rehabilitation, which she is currently under going.
I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers as we progress through this treatment.

Doc

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to doktor For This Useful Post:
Jme250RA (09-07-2012), JMS (05-02-2013), killerbeezer (09-18-2012), nothin2do (10-10-2012), Tom Raider (08-19-2013), Top (09-08-2012)
post #8 of 27 Old 09-08-2012, 03:25 PM

The Tugs windscreen won't be a winter project, more like a coffee break. About 10 minutes on or off.

Doc
post #9 of 27 Old 09-10-2012, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Doktor, thanks very much for the response I highly appreciate it. I actually purchased one from Thailand also and am now awaiting it in eager anticipation!
I wish your wife all the best during this time as I'm sure it's a very difficult time.
post #10 of 27 Old 09-25-2012, 04:02 AM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 832 Posts
best wishes.. for what its worth - resveretrol..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page