New exhaust - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 03-15-2018, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

New exhaust

Looking for a decent retailer or someone local to purchase an exhaust for my '11 cbr250r. As much as id love to have a LOUD exhaust like a shorty, its just not nice for everyone around me even if i like it. I feel like its just inconsiderate...

A well priced, not overly loud pipe is what im after.

Location Australia,NSW, South Coast
Schroeder likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-15-2018, 05:18 AM

Hi Solizan and welcome to the forum.
Finally someone who doesn't only think about himself and keeps ruining our reputation.
I'm afraid though that I can't help you as I left my bike stock but I believe that question has been asked before so there should be someone here who can point you in the right direction.

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old 03-15-2018, 10:05 AM

Garage
Again I don't have actual experience but have done tons of research for an exhaust, the Leo Vince EVO II seems to be the quietest. But its not the cheapest.

I don't if you can get them in Australia but Delkevic makes decent exhausts for a good price. They have a wide range of models from open race exhausts to large quiet ones. They would be your best bet I think.

2012 CBR250R Black
Mods:
Racetech springs and emulators, Yamaha R6 shock, Yoshi Rearset Risers, Babyface GP Shift adapter, EBC HH Sintered Front and Rear Brake Pads, CBR600RR pegs, Mirror delete with CBR600RR block offs, Ebay Bar-end mirror, Red LED dash, The2Wheels levers, Homemade Fender Eliminator, LED Blinkers, Tank pads and grips, CBR300R seat, Spider Peak red Grips, Vortex Clip ons, DFC, Delkevic 14' Slip on, Spiegler Braided Front Brake Line,Black Rims
Soon to be mods:
Big Bore?

post #4 of 15 Old 03-15-2018, 10:59 AM

Garage
I'm a firm believer in the OEM exhaust. Your engine was designed/set up with the expectation of a certain amount of back pressure in the exhaust system. It probably isn't tuned optimize around the torque peak, but, it should be near there if Honda did their job.

Changing the silencer (muffler in my country) usually does little or nothing to improve engine performance. With FI you do not have to rejet a carb, but still the usual result is increased fuel consumption with no measurable power increase.

Lastly, the OEM silencer is almost always less noisy, keeping the neighbors happy. Plus, after doing or having the maintenance work done on schedule, keeping the bike stock is the best way to maintain its reliability.
MotoMike likes this.

John: '09CRF230L (Li'l Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Propelled by Penguin Power
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
1st bike: a gently used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper

Last edited by jsonder; 03-15-2018 at 11:05 AM. Reason: reliability added
post #5 of 15 Old 03-16-2018, 05:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR Blaize View Post
Again I don't have actual experience but have done tons of research for an exhaust, the Leo Vince EVO II seems to be the quietest. But its not the cheapest.

I don't if you can get them in Australia but Delkevic makes decent exhausts for a good price. They have a wide range of models from open race exhausts to large quiet ones. They would be your best bet I think.
I bought the Delkevic 18in silencer. After installation I rode one lap of a 7 mile circuit of local roads and then got the spanners back out and took the bloody thing back off again. Being the largest in their range I assumed it would be reasonably quiet but it actually emitted a very harsh bark that I found intensely annoying at highway speeds and embarrassing in built up areas. The only positive I can say about it is that it did seem to give a noticeable power boost between 4000 and 6000 revs.
post #6 of 15 Old 03-16-2018, 09:22 AM

I have had a Delkevic muffler on my SV for almost 10 years now, and it's been good.

With the baffle in it was a bit too quiet. With the baffle out it was too loud and hollow sounding, so I drilled an opening in the baffle to split the difference. Not loud, but not silent (like the OEM muffler) either.

I'm surprised that the Delkevic muffler on a CBR, with the baffle installed, would be obnoxiously loud.
post #7 of 15 Old 03-16-2018, 02:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv357 View Post
I have had a Delkevic muffler on my SV for almost 10 years now, and it's been good.

I'm surprised that the Delkevic muffler on a CBR, with the baffle installed, would be obnoxiously loud.
Mine was supplied without any removable baffle. I contacted the company and they sent me a baffle but it must have been for a different model as there was no way it would fit. I gave up after that.
post #8 of 15 Old 03-16-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Mine was supplied without any removable baffle. I contacted the company and they sent me a baffle but it must have been for a different model as there was no way it would fit. I gave up after that.
You should try them again.

The baffle makes a big difference, and would probably give you the sound you were looking for.

Performance increase is minimal - but if feels/sounds faster!
Keith likes this.
post #9 of 15 Old 03-16-2018, 06:49 PM

Another vote for Delkevic.
I've had a DL-10 Carbon Fiber installed for 2 seasons and I love it.
It's a slash-cut, so there's no DB killer or silencer. Even so it's not overly loud and much more bassy than raspy.
I've had a full Two Brothers pipe on my previous Ninja250R and that thing was downright painful to my ears AND my neighbors.
The DL-10 does let you know it's there, but it gives the CBR so much more character. And it was CHEAP compared to the same size Yoshimura or Akrapovic - by HUNDREDS of dollars.
Here's there Australian website:
https://www.delkevic.com.au/
post #10 of 15 Old 03-17-2018, 01:23 PM

Garage
I have a 2 brothers 18inch slip on that came with mine when I bought it and it was so loud even with ear plugs it annoyed me and looked silly some how just not a good looking flow. I took it off. I cut it down repacked it and installed a homemade "decible" killer, I got the idea off Ebay welded it together and inserted it and it sounds good and is no longer ear piercing loud. I did not use a whole lot of science in making it and some might even say, I got lucky but I felt good about it.

https://youtu.be/rUaD1XgzzY0
jkv357 likes this.

~Ἀφροδίτη (af-rə-DY-tee)1/4L CBR, GL1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page