tank covers - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By jkv357

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-11-2018, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
tank covers

The tank on my cbr250r has a large dent. It could be repaired, or covered. For the latter option, this is a possibility https://japan.webike.net/products/21226952.html .
Anyone aware of similar options, or others like plastic tank covers? I have found several for other bikes, but not the cbr250..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 166_1829193447.jpg (476.3 KB, 12 views)

-cbr250rnorway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-11-2018, 05:15 PM

The a good PDR (Paintless Dent Repair) guy might be able to work that out.

A guy on another forum swears he had a PDR guy take a big dent out of the side of the tank for $50 and you couldn't tell.

Might be worth looking into.
cbr250rnorway likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jkv357 For This Useful Post:
cbr250rnorway (09-11-2018)
post #3 of 7 Old 09-12-2018, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv357 View Post
The a good PDR (Paintless Dent Repair) guy might be able to work that out.

A guy on another forum swears he had a PDR guy take a big dent out of the side of the tank for $50 and you couldn't tell.

Might be worth looking into.
I checked with a couple of local companies today, and explained briefly. At one of the places the guy, which I know is really clever, said that it would cost around 4000 NOK, as he would have to repaint the tank. (How much of the tank, he didn't mention.). 4000 NOK equals almost 500 USD, which I think is too much compared to buying a tank cover at a fraction of the price.
I guess sending the tank to a cheaper PDR guy abroad, would easily add 100 USD or more for the postal services only..
Thanks for the advice, anyway.
Maybe I should search for a PDR guy somewhere in Europe, like for example Poland, where labour costs are small compared to for example the scandinavian countries.

-cbr250rnorway

post #4 of 7 Old 09-13-2018, 11:49 AM

This is an interesting idea for fixing a dent like yours -

He wrote - "I ordered a blood pressure cuff on Amazon for about 9 dollars, cut off the excess section and stuffed it into the tank and pumped it up at the areas where there were dents."

Link - Dent repair

As the dent begins to pop out, I would be tapping lightly on the high ridges running around the dent to help bring the center up and ridges down.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-20-2018, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I tried a dent puller, but the glue was slipping, repeatedly. Then I tried some Gorilla glue, which didn't work either. The Gorilla glue won't go away, unless I destroy the paint, I guess. So, this far, I wasted time and money, and just made things worse.
Unfortunately, I don't see how I could be able to put a blood pressure cuff into the thank.
Anyway, I have ordered a so called tank end by Magical Racing, from Webike in Japan. https://japan.webike.net/products/21226952.html
I ordered one in black, which will probably cover the dent and more, as well as change the shape of the tank.

-cbr250rnorway
post #6 of 7 Old 09-20-2018, 05:57 PM

I'm not sure how he got that blood pressure cuff in there either, but I thought I'd toss it out there as another idea.

A tank pad might camouflage it somewhat as well.

post #7 of 7 Old 09-26-2018, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv357 View Post
I'm not sure how he got that blood pressure cuff in there either, but I thought I'd toss it out there as another idea.

A tank pad might camouflage it somewhat as well.https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=33TB58QA9CCE4

That could also be a good option, but unfortunately the dent is large, and not easy to cover. I have ordered a tank end by Magical Racing. A similar one has been pictured in another thread; https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-...-tank-end.html

-cbr250rnorway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page