Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Stock battery: How long lifespan?

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  TrippplePPP 
#1 ·
I was wondering the average life expectency of the stock battery. Has anyone gotten 4 years or above?

#5 ·
My battery final gave up the ghost this summer after 7 years. The only time I used a battery tender was during the winter when it was out of the bike.

As long as your bike doesn't have any phantom drains you should never have to put it on a tender unless its been sitting for many months.

Reactions: Radha21
#6 ·
Just replaced my 2012 battery this Spring. I probably could have gotten another year out of it but starting to crank slow and didn't want to take any chances. Never removed battery from bike and only used charger a few times during the winter months while in "storage".

#7 ·
I replaced my battery after my Stator failed.
Did some research and found out that the older your battery is the more AMP's it may take to keep it charged while riding. So the stators soldered connections failed.
I will now Replace my battery every 2 years, because let's be honest $33 for a battery here where I stay every 2 years is nothing hahaha.

Safe riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.