ABS and NON ABS use same brake pads? - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-01-2019, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

ABS and NON ABS use same brake pads?

I was looking at these cheap brakes on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-F-R-B...aZuZ#vi-ilComp

I have the Non ABS and wondering if they would fit.

Also does this hold true for both front and rear brake pads?

The website said same brakes fit all these:

see screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot-2.png (43.2 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Radha21; 10-01-2019 at 10:00 AM. Reason: add screenshot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-01-2019, 12:26 PM

Garage
I dont have the ABS version either but I know for sure that they use different front pads. The rear im not sure about.

As for these pads I wouldn't get them. When it comes to it, tires and brakes are never things you want to cheap out on. My biggest worry with something like this is how well the pad material is stuck to the back plate. If that seperates you could loose all braking.

If you only ride on the street then a stock organic pad would be perfect. Partzilla is where I get all my OEM parts. But by doing a bit of digging I found it cheaper to just get some EBC organics.

Partzilla: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ho...0r-2ac-cbr250r

Front pads:

Rear pads:

2012 CBR250R Black
Mods:
Racetech springs and emulators, Yamaha R6 shock, Yoshi Rearset Risers, Babyface GP Shift adapter, EBC HH Sintered Front and Rear Brake Pads, CBR600RR pegs, Mirror delete with CBR600RR block offs, Ebay Bar-end mirror, Red LED dash, The2Wheels levers, Homemade Fender Eliminator, LED Blinkers, Tank pads and grips, CBR300R seat, Spider Peak red Grips, Vortex Clip ons, DFC, Delkevic 14' Slip on, Spiegler Braided Front Brake Line,Black Rims
Soon to be mods:
Big Bore?
post #3 of 8 Old 10-02-2019, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

It seems that the ABS models use different brake pads. But just as an experiment I ordered these organic pads that are only $3.75 shipped (USD)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290990367107

Hope my next post is not in the Obituaries section! Chuckle.....

Im curious as to what performance you get from these Chinese pads.

Last edited by Radha21; 10-02-2019 at 11:06 AM.

post #4 of 8 Old 10-02-2019, 01:34 PM

Garage
You will have the "opportunity" to tell us about the performance of your brake pads.

Personally, I agree with CBR Blaise about brakes and tires; they are what allow you to control your bike.

John: '09CRF230L (Li'l Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Propelled by Penguin Power
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
1st bike: a gently used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper
post #5 of 8 Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

The $3.75 brakes came in the mail:

I think some of you would feel better if you just saw the price of $15.99 (retail price)

post #6 of 8 Old Today, 04:29 AM

Why would someone write "organic" on a motorcycle part?

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old Today, 11:49 AM

Garage
Well seeing that they are real brand that sells for more than $10 they probably are alright. But it makes me wondering who was selling it for so cheap. Steal them?

2012 CBR250R Black
Mods:
Racetech springs and emulators, Yamaha R6 shock, Yoshi Rearset Risers, Babyface GP Shift adapter, EBC HH Sintered Front and Rear Brake Pads, CBR600RR pegs, Mirror delete with CBR600RR block offs, Ebay Bar-end mirror, Red LED dash, The2Wheels levers, Homemade Fender Eliminator, LED Blinkers, Tank pads and grips, CBR300R seat, Spider Peak red Grips, Vortex Clip ons, DFC, Delkevic 14' Slip on, Spiegler Braided Front Brake Line,Black Rims
Soon to be mods:
Big Bore?
post #8 of 8 Old Today, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

I read on another forum that the Chinese brake pads actually sell for about 80 cents apiece (less than $1 usd) when you buy a bundle of 10 or 12 (shipped direct from China).

Most people do not truly realize how inexpensive Chinese parts truly are. Probably 80% of the price we pay as a retail consumer is mark-up. Only 20% or even less actually goes to the Chinese employees/factory owners/Exporters.

I wont be able to try these any time soon however because I still have over half of the brake life left on my current pads so I will squirrel away this package into storage. But even if it lasts 50% as long as an Organic EBC it would still be a better bang-for-the-buck (assuming the brakes are not defective and assuming they dont cause me to crash I mean).

At the low amount of miles I ride it will probably be 1.5 or 2 years before my front pads are worn out.

I think many people have this mindset that Chinese = cheap junk but that is not always the case. Yes, I have had bad experiences with inexpensive Chinese products before as i am sure many of us also have experienced. But the good outweighs the bad. Greater than 75% of the time when i have bought the most inexpensive Chinese product it has performed well enough. Many things from China are made in the exact same factory and then branded in different packages to sell to different distributors.

Here is a good example (Chinese wiper blade for less than $1 usd):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-26-6mm-...gAAOSwNqRcSAof

I installed that on my car and am already on year 2 with it and it works as well as anything you find at the local auto parts store. Here in USA I see fools pay $15 - $20 for Bosch or some other "brand name" wiper blade. But those consumers are not educated/informed. They buy the entire rubber and metal skeleton and backing (The entire piece for $20). They dont realize they can just use the Chinese cheap-o rubber and trim it with scissors to fit whatever length and then they can re-use their old metal backbone and old arms that came on the factory wipers.

Dont even get me started on wiper blades, I use a piece of fine grit sandpaper to "sharpen" the factory blades when they started to streak and was able to squeeze 3 years of life out of them by doing that procedure about 4 times. Then I bought the Chinese silicone blades and will do the same with them. I bought a pack I think of 5 chinese blades (you get a great price this way) and now have been hooking up my friends and family everytime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page