What are the essential mods and accessories? - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 59 Old 11-21-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atakacs View Post
Really? If you have excess cash, I could use some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jme250RA View Post
In my opinion, I won't do anything to the bike that doesn't have some sort of performance benefit. Rider training or track days are your best bet as they will follow you throughout your biking career. Before any horsepower related mods, I would recommend upgrading the front suspension with racetech springs and emulators. The G2 throttle tube upgrade is a really good one too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katedwolf View Post
magnet ??? seems it would pick up road trash...

sign me up for the Winchester shooting time love to shoot
What I'm hearing so far is skill and safety first . . . like anything else there are a whole range of accessories available. After buying the bike and upgrading my safety gear I didn't feel really like buying any more though I know at some point I will, that's why I'm here (in this post, that is). If I were to go crazy and get all the stuff at once I could easily drop about $1500 that I don't have to spend .

On the post market exhaust, don't I have to combine that with some tuning to get any significant advantage from replacing what's there. To clarify, I really don't have a problem with the stock exhaust (but some do). If I ever get to the point where the bike feels too small or underpowered I might consider something with a bigger engine but now that's not the case. For now, I'm enjoying the ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 59 Old 11-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory_L View Post
... On the post market exhaust, don't I have to combine that with some tuning to get any significant advantage from replacing what's there. To clarify, I really don't have a problem with the stock exhaust (but some do). If I ever get to the point where the bike feels too small or underpowered I might consider something with a bigger engine but now that's not the case. For now, I'm enjoying the ride.
I have to confess, I'm not immune to what might be considered an appearance farkle... I had to have an FMF Apex Carbon Fiber slip on exhaust for my bike. It does weigh 15 lbs. less than the stock muffler, and IMO looks and sounds much better than the stock unit. As for any real performance gain, maybe 1 extra horse at the top of the power band. At just under $350 it wasn't too extravagant an indulgence. Changing to a 13T front sprocket really did change the bike though, much faster acceleration in 4th, 5th, and 6th gears... most bang for the buck, IMO. I also installed a SpeedoDRD, by 12 o'clock Labs, to correct the speedo/odometer. Also removed the air box cover. That's it for modifications to my CBR.

FMF Apex Carbon Fiber slip on: https://www.cbr250.net/forum/attachme...t-dsc_0079-jpg

Last edited by MotoMike; 11-22-2012 at 12:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MotoMike For This Useful Post:
Rory_L (11-22-2012)
post #13 of 59 Old 11-22-2012, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
I have to confess, I'm not immune to what might be considered an appearance farkle... I had to have an FMF Apex Carbon Fiber slip on exhaust for my bike. It does weigh 15 lbs. less than the stock muffler, and IMO looks and sounds much better than the stock unit. As for any real performance gain, maybe 1 extra horse at the top of the power band. At just under $350 it wasn't too extravagant an indulgence. Changing to a 13T front sprocket really did change the bike though, much faster acceleration in 4th, 5th, and 6th gears... most bang for the buck, IMO. I also installed a SpeedoDRD, by 12 o'clock Labs, to correct the speedo/odometer. Also removed the air box cover. That's it for modifications to my CBR.

FMF Apex Carbon Fiber slip on: https://www.cbr250.net/forum/attachme...t-dsc_0079-jpg
That does look good. I wonder why it (cbr250r) doesn't come with something like that in the first place . . oh, forgot about the DOT ugly exhaust regulation
The Following User Says Thank You to Rory_L For This Useful Post:
MotoMike (11-22-2012)

post #14 of 59 Old 11-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory_L View Post
That does look good. I wonder why it (cbr250r) doesn't come with something like that in the first place . . oh, forgot about the DOT ugly exhaust regulation
lol...
USDOT Regulation 483724598700288841296847322 - 7654 - Part B: OEM motorcycle exhaust systems must be visually unappealing, if not downright fugly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MotoMike For This Useful Post:
Jme250RA (12-09-2012), lewiCBR250R (12-10-2012)
post #15 of 59 Old 11-22-2012, 10:35 PM

Garage
In regards to the traffic light magnet, if you have an old computer lying around, or an old hard drive, open it up and remove the magnets from the hard drive and stick 'em to the bottom of your bike. They are pretty darn strong magnets.

2012 CBR250R Red/Silver
post #16 of 59 Old 11-24-2012, 02:32 AM

None are essential. Just go with what you like and/or need.
Have: Arrow exhaust for looks and sound, fender eliminator, power outlet
Getting: Ram mount for smart phone, windscreen.

Added Gerbing heated gloves to my gear pile.

"...too many self indulgent wieners..."
post #17 of 59 Old 12-09-2012, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

By the way, just saw the CBR500R at the Long Beach Motorcycle Show. It actually has a stainless-steel looking sport bike style exhaust. I add the qualifiers 'looking' and 'style because I don't really know what it is made of, how it sounds or how it affects performance.
post #18 of 59 Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen87 View Post
In regards to the traffic light magnet, if you have an old computer lying around, or an old hard drive, open it up and remove the magnets from the hard drive and stick 'em to the bottom of your bike. They are pretty darn strong magnets.
The magnet from and old junk yard 6x9 speaker stuck to the bottom works well. You can usually get one free and although they are a bit heavy, you will save gas from not sitting and idling at a light that will not change. And not to worry if it falls off. It was probably free. I have only ever lost one. It was on a duel sport when I forgot to take it off before going off road.
post #19 of 59 Old 12-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

i don't use a magnet. i just turn the bike off and restart it. the electro magnetic pulse from the starter is enough to trigger the switch.

Everyone has the right to be offended but just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jme250RA For This Useful Post:
atakacs (12-12-2012)
post #20 of 59 Old 12-10-2012, 04:17 AM

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,315 Posts
Was going to make a thread on all the waste of money ppl spend on their cbrs.

I'll do it one day.

Sent from my mobile phone while driving, waiting for a vigilante Motovlogger to star in his own train wreck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page