Helibars . . . ridden. - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 55 Old 04-18-2013, 01:58 AM

I am interested in those using the HeliBars with the stock windscreen. Specifically, is there a noticeable difference in where or how forcefully the wind blast hits the helmet/chest? Increased or decreased turbulence? The HeliBars don't grossly change the hand postion, but the stock bars have the windshield spitting the flow right up under the chin of my current helmet, with the consequence of directing every bit of dust, grit and sand into my eyes. So I am wondering how the HeliBars might alter the airflow to the helmet area. I am 5'10" tall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 55 Old 04-19-2013, 11:14 PM

Turbo,

That's kind of a tough question. Personally I recently added a laminar lip wind deflector. I had been using an OEM Honda touring screen but honestly I like the laminar lip better. It puts the wind blast right around eye level, perhaps a bit higher.
The Heli bars definitely allow me to sit a tad more upright - but I don't think it's a huge adjustment as far as where the wind hits. You can try (Carefully!) holding your bars more on your finger curl vs the area where your thumb attaches - that might give you an idea. Though, if you are more just worried about changing where the wind hits, a different screen would probably be a better option.
post #13 of 55 Old 04-23-2013, 01:52 AM

No, I was hoping I could kill two birds with one stone! Since my post I have tried holding my hands in a phantom postion to mimic the 1.5" rise and 1.25" pull-back, and you are right, there really is not enough diffence to change the where the wind hits. But I can tell I will like the sitting position more. I am thinking of getting a Saddlemen saddle, since sometimes the junk goes numb on long rides. Can you provide a link to the laminar lip? Is it clamp-on or drill, or choice?

post #14 of 55 Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 AM

~~
I too bought the saddlemen seat (gel channel track CF seat). It should be here today or tomorrow. Gotta give the baby makers some relief.

This might be what Dweller is talking about:
Laminar Products for HONDA CBR250R
~~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soulbreeze For This Useful Post:
Desert Dweller (04-23-2013)
post #15 of 55 Old 04-23-2013, 11:46 AM

Garage
[QUOTE=Soulbreeze;134478]~~
I too bought the saddlemen seat (gel channel track CF seat). It should be here today or tomorrow. Gotta give the baby makers some relief.

Can you please add pics when you get the seats i want to see them on the bike before i order them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Super Secret Signature
post #16 of 55 Old 04-23-2013, 08:30 PM

~~
Will do. It's raining today, but it should be nice tomorrow.
~~

post #17 of 55 Old 04-23-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulbreeze View Post
~~

This might be what Dweller is talking about:
Laminar Products for HONDA CBR250R
~~
Yep, that's the one! I actually prefer the Laminar Lip to the Honda OEM touring screen, gets the wind blast up even higher I think.
post #18 of 55 Old 04-25-2013, 04:18 PM

~~
Here's the promised pics for Swiftnezz. I haven't gotten to ride it much yet with the new seat, but I can tell it's going to be all kinds of more comfortable on the crotch area. The pillion cover isn't stapled on yet. It comes with elastic around the base so I just pulled it over the seat and locked it back down. I'm sure pulling it tight and stapling it would get rid of the wrinkles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saddlemen 001.jpg (375.9 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg Saddlemen 002.jpg (444.2 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg Saddlemen 003.jpg (409.4 KB, 121 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Soulbreeze For This Useful Post:
Swiftnezz (04-25-2013)
post #19 of 55 Old 04-25-2013, 04:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulbreeze View Post
~~
Here's the promised pics for Swiftnezz. I haven't gotten to ride it much yet with the new seat, but I can tell it's going to be all kinds of more comfortable on the crotch area. The pillion cover isn't stapled on yet. It comes with elastic around the base so I just pulled it over the seat and locked it back down. I'm sure pulling it tight and stapling it would get rid of the wrinkles.
Thanks for the pics they look great Looks soo comfortable. I may have to pick me up a new seat, im sure my butt will thank me

Super Secret Signature
post #20 of 55 Old 04-26-2013, 01:58 AM

Does anybody who has the Helibars also have a Puig racing windscreen installed? I have the Helibars ordered, and I was contemplating the Puig. It looks like the Puig is quite a bit taller than stock.

Which brings up an observation I made today. I had my bike steering column locked all the way to the left, with brake master cylinder/handlebar close to the upper right side of the stock wind screen. For the life of me I cannot visualize how the master cylinder area will clear the windscreen after being raised 1.5" and pulled back 1.25" by the Helibars. It looks like it would hit the windscreen when full-left lock raising these components even that small amount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page