Helibars . . . ridden. - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 Old 03-29-2013, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Helibars . . . ridden.

Got my CBR back from Heli last week. Rode it today for an hour, and I like the bars a lot. The stock bars didn't bother me much, I'm 5-11, I thought they were pretty darned good. The Helibars are more comfortable, not the difference I see on my VFR1200, but the stock setup on the VFR was brutal on my wrists. Maybe the stock CBR bars were just less so?

Anywho, if you have any wrist or back complaints, these are a no brainer. Helibars hits the mark moving things around within tolerances, again. Nice job!

They have kept my stock bars, and indicate they may be develop a lower set for track use soon. I'll ride up and try them out if and when. I found the stock bars hard to duck down behind, would think a lower/shorter set would be handy on the track. Not that I do that . . .

Someone asked if the Helibars effected the mirrors' view at all - I can see my elbows as well as ever. Safe travels . . .

Good pics at www.helibars.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slash2 For This Useful Post:
Binoy (04-04-2013), Desert Dweller (04-01-2013), quarterliter (04-06-2013), Top (07-01-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 03-29-2013, 07:04 PM

Location: Un(a)ffordable river town,Great Land of the Tattooed.(London,UK)
I've got a pair of these on the way. I'm tending to death grip the OEM bars too much and throw too much weight on my wrists. I still have to learn to grip the tank with my knees as well.
Hopefully the Helibars will reduce the forward lean angle of my torso and take some weight off my wrists.
post #3 of 55 Old 04-01-2013, 11:24 PM

Thanks for the write up Slash2!
I've got mine out in the garage but haven't installed them yet. I'm a little worried about ruining the left grip pulling it off the old bar, so might just get a second set (of grips) to have on hand before swapping the bars. They look nice and hopefully will take some weight off my wrists.

post #4 of 55 Old 04-03-2013, 12:35 AM

FANTASTIC - glad to hear they are ready. Now, Rick Mayer seat or Helibars first?
post #5 of 55 Old 04-06-2013, 09:07 AM

HeliBars

I also just ordered a set. I read an article in 'Motorcyclist' and the rider stated the bars opened up the angle of his hips making the ergos more comfortable....makes sense to me. Can't wait!
The Following User Says Thank You to quarterliter For This Useful Post:
Island Rick (04-06-2013)
post #6 of 55 Old 04-09-2013, 10:18 PM

~~
Anybody else get to ride with these bars yet? I have them bookmarked and ready to order.
~~
post #7 of 55 Old 04-13-2013, 07:30 PM

Finally got around to installing my heli bars today and went for a short ride. They don't hugely affect the ergos, but certainly a noticeable difference and appear well made. I'll try to report back in a week or two to see if my hands notice a difference
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Desert Dweller For This Useful Post:
daveoh (04-13-2013), quarterliter (04-13-2013)
post #8 of 55 Old 04-13-2013, 11:26 PM

~~
I decided to go ahead and order them. Shop already said they'd have no problem installing them when I get my first service done. Just looking to relieve a bit of lean to free up some ball space. The Saddlemen saddles with the grove down the middle for prostate relief look like another option I may invest in.
~~
post #9 of 55 Old 04-14-2013, 01:02 AM

I think you'll like them Soulbreeze. Again, just keep in mind they don't make a HUGE change, but noticeable. They're probably the best thing going as far as taller bars go without making MAJOR modifications.
post #10 of 55 Old 04-14-2013, 07:54 PM

~~
Yeah, that was a major factor in me buying. Bars working with all the OEM cables/parts is a huge plus.
~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page