Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/)
-   CBR250 Parts and Accessories (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-parts-accessories/)
-   -   Best Performance parts!! (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-parts-accessories/9967-best-performance-parts.html)

250 Angel 03-30-2013 11:30 PM

Best Performance parts!!

Whats the best performance mods you can do to the 250r?
Im looking to do some aftermarket mods to my stock 250r.
I read somewhere that yoshimura exhaust, with a power commander v fuel managment chip and a better air filter would gain more HP and Torque for the money and best results. Now i understand that maybe a personal opinion but what is hands down proven performance parts??

NSU 03-30-2013 11:36 PM

The rider.

pricelister 03-31-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSU (Post 129293)
The rider.

I believe the question was horsepower.

Jme250RA 03-31-2013 04:09 AM

getting the suspension set up right after reading Twist Of The Wrist 1 and 2 by Keith Code.

SDM 03-31-2013 04:48 AM

It really doesnt matter what you put on the bike as for performance mods, the bike is a single pumper thats almost right at the max of its HP, you can put an aftermarket exhaust and save a few pounds, you can purchase a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tires and ride it until there is no more thread left on the tire, but like a few have said and many will I am sure, get to know you and the bike what you can and cant do with it. Go take an advanced course in motorcycle training, watch the films mentioned above or read the books, get a few track days or get a lot of track days. After a year or 2 and many miles later upgrade to a bigger bike; if you still enjoy riding, and start all over again.

I guess what I am trying to say is its your bike do what you want with it, the mods that you mentioned for the bike would probably be the best, but learning to ride it to the fullest can beat any mods or after market parts you put on the bike. Learn counter steering, roll on the throttle, find the apex in corners, always look where you want to go in a turn. I have a friend that can out run me on a raider 150 in the twisties, not on the straights as I have more power, but he has many years of practice.

250 Angel 03-31-2013 02:31 PM

While you all have valid points, those are all in place, and of course i know you can always keep improving your riding. What i was asking was what performance parts are the best in terms of the numbers. Horsepower and torque. Increased throttle response and acceleration. All without shortening life of the motor or reliability. I do know that my 250r is running at its peak stock, but would like to increase this as far as i can go with bolt on parts. We all know that manufacturers have a range of legal limits to keep within to sell the bikes. But as an owner you can tweak and enhance this to your liking. Thats my goal. While selling the bike for bigger, this bike in its current form and settings i love, the feel and finish. Im sure after getting a use to her in the coming months i would like to increase the powerband a bit more. Now if i hit the limits of her performance and still want more i will consider a bigger bike. My first choice was a cbr600rr but opted for this because of price and a new over used/dogged bike!! But i feel this will be a bike to keep because of ease of use, gas milage, and fun factor. So if you please. Im asking for answers to that degree, thanks

sniper1rfa 03-31-2013 04:36 PM

Honestly, it's pointless.

You could add one of those 300cc kits. Bolt-ons just really aren't going to open anything up for you.

The other option is to buy a bigger bike.

grynchmeister 03-31-2013 04:43 PM

You want to wring the absolute last bit of hp out of her?

Power Commander V from Jet Tuning $380
Full Exhaust $400-600
High Flow air filter $44-80
Professional Tune for the above. $300 ish (?)

And of course all the various weight saving mods.

Joeboo 03-31-2013 07:51 PM

All of the above, also a 13t front sprocket will help with acceleration .
At the end of the day it will still be a single cylinder 250cc bike that is designed for putting around on, it doesn't matter how much cash you throw at it. So here's some options for you, do the full exhaust, air filter, pcv & sprocket costing maybe $2000 depending on brands, shipping, fitting & tuning or put that money to one side & keep it for a head start on a bigger bike that will make you happy.

SDM 03-31-2013 08:20 PM

@250 Angel

Thats just it your not going to get any head snapping pull the front wheel off the ground 200 MPH out of this bike, its a great commuter/learning bike. It gets great fuel mileage, gives plenty of grins under your helmet. Unfortunately for us modders/customisers Honda did the bike right the first time.

Like grynchmeister pointed out you can spend over $1000 however you might only gain 2 - 3 more HP stock you have maybe 24HP so if you dont mind spending a lot for minimum HP gain then buy what your heart desires. Like I mentioned above your better off getting some GOOD tires, take an MSF course, and going to the track. Learn the bike and your capabilities on it, then when you go ride with your buddies and hit the twisties you can amaze your friends with how you can keep up with and even pass a 600cc bike in the turns.

I know you are wanting more HP Look at my avatar thats my 250 I have put everything on it that you can imagine, spent more money on it then I needed to and it still only does 155 KPH 96 MPH down hill with me and my wife on it. The bike has only been out a few years let the aftermarket guys catch up with the bike.

Ill say it again MSF course and track days will get you more out of the bike then any amount of aftermarket parts you can put on it <----- trust me on this. Not the answer you want but its the best answer there is.