Power Commander/Juicebox Baseline Percentage Adjustment Question - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 05-23-2013, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Power Commander/Juicebox Baseline Percentage Adjustment Question

I used a stock dyno chart from this board to see where the lean/rich areas throughout the RPM range on our 250 is. I adjusted based on the visual from the charts available online. I only made major adjustments in the 40,60,80, and 100 % throttle range, and in 250 RPM increments.

Bottom End: At the leanest portion of a/f ratio (2-3750k), i added 14-11% (respectively) to compensate.

Mid Range: between 5-9000k, i tapered from 11-8% to compensate for the lean conditions.

Top End: between 9-10.5k, i reduced the fuel from -1%, -4% (respectively) to compensate for the rich conditions.

BIG QUESTION: for those of you who've dyno'd & tuned... (if you're willing to share), what is the baseline above stock where you make fuel delivery adjustments from (assuming stock is 0%+/-)?

Bike is running stronger than stock (revs up a lot quicker), but I'm still curious.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-23-2013, 08:36 PM

Check the AFR

Storm Trooper
race tech fork springs
race tech Gold Emulators
Sato Racing fork spring preload adjusters
Elka Rear Shock
Leo Vince Full carbon exhaust
Dynojet DFC
Rear intergrated L.E.D smoke tail light
Yoshimura Rear fender delete
Yoshimura Aluminum Rearset Brackets
Yoshimura Race stand Stoppers
Sato Racing Frame sliders
Gloss Black powder Coated wheels
Michelin Pilot Power tires
Adjustable levers
Custom Black/ White paint scheme
The Following User Says Thank You to epic250 For This Useful Post:
Beagle (05-24-2013)
post #3 of 19 Old 05-23-2013, 08:40 PM

Those are the graphs.. I'd have to plug the controller in to see whats what.. I may have The tune on a jump drive.

Storm Trooper
race tech fork springs
race tech Gold Emulators
Sato Racing fork spring preload adjusters
Elka Rear Shock
Leo Vince Full carbon exhaust
Dynojet DFC
Rear intergrated L.E.D smoke tail light
Yoshimura Rear fender delete
Yoshimura Aluminum Rearset Brackets
Yoshimura Race stand Stoppers
Sato Racing Frame sliders
Gloss Black powder Coated wheels
Michelin Pilot Power tires
Adjustable levers
Custom Black/ White paint scheme

post #4 of 19 Old 05-24-2013, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Wow. Very, very accurate tuning... how's the smoothing on the graph affect what I'm seeing?

Nice results.
post #5 of 19 Old 05-24-2013, 12:49 AM

Aren't the dyno charts pretty much all at wot?then how could you guess at the adjustment using just the chart and at your map at all the other throttle positions
The Following User Says Thank You to Deanohh For This Useful Post:
Beagle (05-24-2013)
post #6 of 19 Old 05-24-2013, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

less throttle, less air... i assumed it would need less fuel. so i tapered for each throttle position. ... so at 9k @ 100%... say i had it set to +9%, then at 9K @ 40% i might set it to +8%... and so on.

first fuel injected bike... no that's a lie... my buell was fuel injected (but i never played around with it). so, don't take my advice. this is a sort of toy for me to play around with....
post #7 of 19 Old 05-24-2013, 02:59 AM

That assumes the af for a rpm with the original map is already the same for all throttle positions to start with. I don't think you can assume that.
post #8 of 19 Old 05-24-2013, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
I used a stock dyno chart from this board to see where the lean/rich areas throughout the RPM range on our 250 is. I adjusted based on the visual from the charts available online. I only made major adjustments in the 40,60,80, and 100 % throttle range, and in 250 RPM increments.

Bottom End: At the leanest portion of a/f ratio (2-3750k), i added 14-11% (respectively) to compensate.

Mid Range: between 5-9000k, i tapered from 11-8% to compensate for the lean conditions.

Top End: between 9-10.5k, i reduced the fuel from -1%, -4% (respectively) to compensate for the rich conditions.

BIG QUESTION: for those of you who've dyno'd & tuned... (if you're willing to share), what is the baseline above stock where you make fuel delivery adjustments from (assuming stock is 0%+/-)?

Bike is running stronger than stock (revs up a lot quicker), but I'm still curious.

Thanks.
For a lot of these ranges the fuel system is in closed loop mode so it will readjust ( over time ) to iron out these changes. What overall adjustment factor have you set for closed loop mode? I find that +3% is OK but if you are not concerned about fuel consumption +5% or more may be better still. I also find that setting the top potentiometer to +5 seems to work better than adjusting the maps by a similar amount, but I can't explain why.

Regards Roadster
post #9 of 19 Old 05-24-2013, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Not sure what Bazzaz does with their software (I would guess its similar to power commander) but I found a map on their website. It looked really aggressive compared to what I did. Our 100% throttle maps were very similar, but the rest of the map throttle percentages were way different - many adjustments were in the +30% range. Check it out on their site. I copied it and put it into Top Tune for myself - then i put it into the third slot on the fuel computer. Runs stronger.
post #10 of 19 Old 05-25-2013, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

oh sorry yes, i have closed loop @ +3...

so the adjustments made in the top tune spreadsheet area are eventually compensated for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page