A Fuelly.com call to arms! - Page 15 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 150 Old 08-29-2017, 10:07 AM

I have seen aerodynamic test that show a larger rider fills the low pressure void better than a smaller rider - to a point.

Adding a taller "double bubble" type windscreen may help keep you out of the wind better. Once you are cruising, a slight tuck is going to help, but it's not mandatory.

Added weight is a penalty during acceleration. I would focus on acceleration at or above the torque peak, and be careful not to bog the engine with too much throttle at too low of revs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 150 Old 08-29-2017, 10:14 AM

A better windscreen such as the one I made, and leaning down on a stuffed tank bag so that you peak just over the top of the windscreen is a big improvement for aero/ fuel economy and also for the magic blow dryer effect that keeps the rain sheeting straight down off of your visor for near perfect visibility in the rain. Another advantage to anchoring your torso to the bike by leaning down on a tank bag is that the equally magic and addictive experience of the bike self correcting to automatically lean into side winds is maximized.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #143 of 150 Old 08-29-2017, 02:56 PM

Location: Saint Charles, IL. A really nice little far-west Chicago suburb in northeast Illinois.
Garage
@sendler

Hmmm, so you're telling me that I don't have to lose those pesky extra pounds :-)
Even if they don't have a big impact on my mpg, they do on my self-esteem - so I think I'll keep trying anyway. Having the bike makes it easier too - it's impossible now to go through the McDonald's drive-thru in the morning on my way to work now! Small steps....
Thanks for the info by the way, you've provided my nugget of learning for the day.

-dreaming of beautiful weather and empty roads....

post #144 of 150 Old 08-29-2017, 03:20 PM

Optimum Nutrition brand Gold Standard Whey Protein powder chocolate in a shaker with 12oz water. 8 half scoops per day on Tues and Thurs. And nothing else. Intermittent fasting with 600 calories of protein. You won't even feel hungry.
https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
Eat sensibly on the other days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sendler; 08-29-2017 at 03:27 PM.
post #145 of 150 Old 08-30-2017, 11:59 AM

Location: Saint Charles, IL. A really nice little far-west Chicago suburb in northeast Illinois.
Garage
@sendler
Okay, this is getting slightly off-topic, but I have to ask:
Why "8 half scoops per day on Tues and Thurs." rather than just 4 whole scoops?
Inquiring minds want to know!

To try to drag this reply back at least semi on topic, this Honda's my first motorcycle. It was surprising to me to find out that the fuel filler had a kind of limiter in the hole that the nozzle goes into that made it kind of awkward inserting the fueling nozzle when I fueled up the first time. If I were to have allowed the fuel to flow at anywhere near full volume from the pump, the fuel would've quickly backed up in the tank at this weird depth-limiter. If that happened, fuel could possibly flow out onto the outside of the tank and down onto the hot engine and exhaust parts, and that would, well - suck ass. Do all motorcycles have this "nozzle depth-limiter?"

What are some ways of efficient, yet safe fueling without having to slowly dispense about a half-pint, wait for it to settle, slowly dispense another small amount, wait for that to settle, ad nausea for 3 gallons?

post #146 of 150 Old 08-30-2017, 12:18 PM

The restrictor plate protects the fuel pump assembly from getting poked which right under the filler. Every new owner goes through a learning curve with fueling a new bike. Hopefully the pump nozzle you use has fine control so you can just put the fuel in slow and steady. I actually fit the end of the nozzle into the hole in the plate.
I eat at 6 AM, 9, 12, 3, 6, 8, 10 PM. Even on fasting days for a big person such as yourself you can get by with 70 calories/ 10gm protein times 7 and never even feel hungry. And have minimum muscle wasting since you still had 70 grams of protein. And improve HGH production from the high protein/ low everything else right before sleep.

post #147 of 150 Old 08-31-2017, 01:42 PM

Garage
@sendler-

Yes, the pumps I have used have allowed me fine enough control to avoid any problems so far. I'm still working on a good, repeatable technique to facilitate quick-ish fill ups without getting gasoline all over everything. I'll figure out a good solution soon enough - it sure is different than fueling up my car though. I wasn't expecting it to be as strange as it is.

Now for the OT part of the reply... re: eating-there's no way I could eat that often due to my desk job and a strict supervisor that sits 3 feet away from me. She wouldn't be cool with snacking while "working.". I usually have a yogurt or plain bagel at around 5am, maybe a handful of raisins or almonds or both at about 10am, weekdays I almost always skip lunch due to only getting 30 minutes break at work. I almost always end up spending lunch time online at my desk instead of rushing around trying to eat. Dinner is usually from a restaurant, and usually totally bad for me, as I live in an apartment with a shared kitchen and I don't like my housemates. Cooking would most likely lead to some sort of inane conversation with them, and as a lifelong,proud & zealous introvert, those conversations are literally painful for me to take part in. People - not a big fan. And my question still stands - why 8 half-scoops rather than 4 full scoops of the whey powder from a couple posts back? :-)

post #148 of 150 Old 08-31-2017, 02:19 PM

I'm lucky. I eat when I want. 7 times per day means no hunger even though it is still only 500 calories. If you are just having a shake (mostly water or coffee) it will be easy to swig it down in 5 minutes at lunch instead of skipping. Or you can just go with four larger servings.

post #149 of 150 Old 08-31-2017, 02:30 PM

Garage
Jeez I'm dense - now I get it! You use a half a scoop each time you eat, not 8 half-scoops per serving. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you'd put 8, 1/2 scoops in a single drink instead of four full scoops into a single drink. It took me 2 days and 4 posts to figure that out. That doesn't speak well of me. Okay, I think it's time for me to wrap up this part of this OT conversation. I'm new here and I don't want to get caught looking stupid and rambling OT too long. Thanks for your patience with me.

post #150 of 150 Old 08-31-2017, 02:42 PM

Try it. You will have great results. And try to get in some kind of DIY crossfit excercise on Sunday and Wednesday. I do mountainbike intervals and jump off every 10-15 minutes to do some pullups on a handy tree. Or a signpost like a rope. And pushups on the bike top bar. Or you can do a lot with 1 dumbell. One arm rows, curls, presses, squats. Run in place between sets. Abs are tough without laying down. One leg knee raises as in Karate class. I have a tool storage room right behind my work stall at the shop that gives privacy. No time to drive over to the gym even though I am paying $10/ month.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page