The 250 has failed me. But that's alright, its a 250. - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 74 Old 05-18-2014, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

I was nearly topped out in 4th and 5th, and slowly going no where in 6th til the truck passed me.

If I was able to pull over I would have, believe me, I usually do but the road I was on was a 2 lane road with cliffs and no shoulder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 74 Old 05-30-2014, 03:07 AM

what really irks me, is when some a$$hat is riding my tail and we come to some tight turn and I know I can put alot of distance between us then..only to look back in mirror and see a$$hat driving across double yellows on the wrong side of the road in order to stay on my rear...has happened more times than I can count...I'll usually put on my turn signal 3 times sooner than normal so jerkwad behind me doesnt barrel over me and pull off as soon as I can and let them go on and and endanger someone elses life on up the road..

.if that cant be done for some reason.....I do what the decal on my Sorento back window says ( THE CLOSER YOU GET, THE SLOWER I DRIVE)

I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING I READ AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT I SEE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by spdklls; 05-30-2014 at 03:09 AM.
post #23 of 74 Old 07-07-2014, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

Well I watched this motovlog..it involves graphic footage...and a 250 not having enough speed.

Read Description First Before Watching (Ratings Disabled) - YouTube

post #24 of 74 Old 07-07-2014, 08:01 AM

Shall I post a dozen videos with graphic contents that shows 600+s having had too much speed?

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schroeder For This Useful Post:
CBR250R (07-10-2014), Jme250RA (07-07-2014)
post #25 of 74 Old 07-07-2014, 08:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrlocal View Post
Maybe I'm an old man, but I don't think anyone should be doing or wanting to do 85+ MPH on a bike unless it's on the track. If you find yourself "needing" to, then just let others pass or ride a different, slower, safer road. I always go with the flow and try my best to stick with speed limits. If people want to go faster, I just let them pass. It doesn't upset me in the slightest, because I know I'll be at the next stoplight at the same time they are. I don't upset people, because in a fight that diesel truck will win.
Right now I'm reading "Proficient Motorcycling" by David Hough, it's been around for a while but many people consider it the "Bible" of the activity.

The above sounds like it was taken ,verbatim, from the book.

Besides, truckers have to worry about schedules, timetables and late fees. In some cases, it is their whole life.

I try not to worry about such trivial BS anymore.

If someone wants to go 10 mph faster than me, I move over.

2013 CBR 250 RA (RWB)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dkpbxman For This Useful Post:
Jme250RA (07-07-2014), prof_stack (07-07-2014)
post #26 of 74 Old 07-07-2014, 09:27 AM

That vlog is about a rider making a bad decision/lack of experience. Unfortunately, he payed the ultimate price. The fact that he was riding a 250 is irrelevant. We all make mistakes. It is how we learn and grow. Purchasing this motorcycle as a first bike was not one of those mistakes.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aus Rider For This Useful Post:
Aufitt (07-07-2014), CBR250R (07-10-2014), Jme250RA (07-07-2014), SinkFloridaSink (07-18-2014)
post #27 of 74 Old 07-07-2014, 09:38 AM

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadookoo View Post
Failed me as in it really can't push past 85mph much...

Pretty much what happened was I was getting tailgated by a huge diesel chevy that passed me going atleast 90+ Well...he pissed me off once the corners came because our bikes can smash in the corners, his truck not so much. Shitty thing is I know if I had a bigger bike id be able to pass him or not let him pass. I would thing a 500 would be perfect 600 4cyls having too much power..But I still love my 250, it'll get up to 80mph pretty well and has passing power if people are doing 50 in a 60.

Passing people doing 65 is...tough.
Before we try to diagnose what is wrong with your bike and why its so slow...., how long have you been riding?

Sent from my mobile phone while driving, waiting for a vigilante Motovlogger to star in his own train wreck.
post #28 of 74 Old 07-07-2014, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Off road for 3 years, on road for 6, 9 years all together. Had a couple close calls but they weren't my fault.

I do suppose no matter what you ride you have choices and said rider in the video made a wrong choice.
post #29 of 74 Old 07-07-2014, 01:28 PM

just want to point out that nobody should be blaming the bikes for such things as lack of power, or too much power. as that isnt true. these bike have the right amount of power given the class that they are in. if you have an issue with any of these there is either something wrong with your bike or you are using your bike the wrong way
The Following User Says Thank You to Bikelife38 For This Useful Post:
Jme250RA (07-07-2014)
post #30 of 74 Old 07-07-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadookoo View Post
Well I watched this motovlog..it involves graphic footage...and a 250 not having enough speed.

Read Description First Before Watching (Ratings Disabled) - YouTube
It wasn't a 250 not having enough speed. It was a rider trying to make his bike do something he shouldn't have been doing at the time. If you can't overtake, don't. If it's not safe and you can't see, don't overtake. Be patient and not in a hurry and you'll live longer. That is, unless you buy a 600 because your 250 is "too slow"...then you'll probably not live very long.

I feel for his family, but if he was more patient and just waited to pass until it was completely open, he'd still be around. It's dangerous enough to ride a motorcycle anyway; you don't have to make it more hazardous with stupid riding habits.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cbrlocal For This Useful Post:
Aufitt (07-07-2014), CBR250R (07-10-2014), Jme250RA (07-07-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page