Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/)
-   CBR250 Performance (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-performance/)
-   -   Just ordered a K&N air filter. (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-performance/38337-just-ordered-k-n-air-filter.html)

Dalap 06-26-2014 10:32 AM

Just ordered a K&N air filter.

Arrives early next week.

They're quite divisive. Some love 'em, some get angry at the lesser filtration they give.

I don't really care about the latter.

Will report back on real World difference.

Arrethul 06-26-2014 10:35 AM

44 Attachment(s)
I feel bad for you.

haha. But yeah good luck.

Previous owners had dirt going right through them and you could see the dirt on the other side of the filter.. If you ever see dirt, I'd avoid it like the plague. If you ride on all street and never see dirt, then yeah I wouldn't see an issue besides other little particles going through.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

MotoMike 06-26-2014 10:49 AM

You'll need a dynamometer to measure the fraction of a HP difference... but if you ride at all on dusty gravel roads, you will definitely see the difference in the amount of crap that will get past the K&N filter and into the intake tract. I had a K&N on my '94 XR650L Dual Sport a number of years ago, and it did a piss poor job of dust filtration. Since then, all my XR's have Twin Air filters.

Dalap 06-26-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrethul (Post 411049)
I feel bad for you.

haha. But yeah good luck.

Previous owners had dirt going right through them and you could see the dirt on the other side of the filter.. If you ever see dirt, I'd avoid it like the plague. If you ride on all street and never see dirt, then yeah I wouldn't see an issue besides other little particles going through.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Yeah, they do make the females get all hysterical.

Dalap 06-26-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoMike (Post 411073)
You'll need a dynamometer to measure the fraction of a HP difference... but if you ride at all on dusty gravel roads, you will definitely see the difference in the amount of crap that will get past the K&N filter and into the intake tract. I had a K&N on my '94 XR650L Dual Sport a number of years ago, and it did a piss poor job of dust filtration. Since then, all my XR's have Twin Air filters.

Don't expect a noticeable HP difference. Never see any dust. Had one for 2 yrs on my previous ride. No polar bears, penguins or nuns died.

prof_stack 06-26-2014 11:46 AM

The K&N hype is just that. Been there, done that.

There are better ways to increase HP.

MotoMike 06-26-2014 12:18 PM

Most won't own their CBR250R long enough to see any savings with the K&N air filter, compared to the cost of replacing the $10 OEM Honda air filter every 10,000 to 12,000 miles... you'd have to get to 50,000 to 60,000 miles before the K&N would start to pay for itself. And that's not considering the additional cost of the K&N filter oil or cleaner.

kadookoo 06-26-2014 03:54 PM

I have a KN filter with a dynajet. No problems here. Have left over 'recharge' from other filters.

PerfectCreature 06-26-2014 07:18 PM

I got mine used for about $25, so I am not complaining. Ive never had any issues with K&N filters or products when used as directed and properly maintained.

Dalap 06-26-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadookoo (Post 411209)
I have a KN filter with a dynajet. No problems here. Have left over 'recharge' from other filters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerfectCreature (Post 411257)
I got mine used for about $25, so I am not complaining. Ive never had any issues with K&N filters or products when used as directed and properly maintained.

Polar bear killers.

How dare you.

A little $60 air filter, and people get upset over it. :D But but but what HP increase do you expect off that, huh, HUH?!?

Er none mate, it's a little $60 air filter. :D