Install Fuel Control Without Removing Tank? - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 07-15-2014, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Ive noticed almost all the installation is plug and play, and leaves no trace, except for the TPS, if I am not mistaken on the wire we have to splice.
Would a person know you had this installed if you were to have an issue and bring to a dealer for a warranty service.
I have the warranty until 2017, and would hate to have that voided by adding the engine controller, and not being able to remove all traces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 07-15-2014, 09:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectCreature View Post
Ive noticed almost all the installation is plug and play, and leaves no trace, except for the TPS, if I am not mistaken on the wire we have to splice.
Would a person know you had this installed if you were to have an issue and bring to a dealer for a warranty service.
I have the warranty until 2017, and would hate to have that voided by adding the engine controller, and not being able to remove all traces.

I have the power commander v and there is no splicing, everything is plug and play.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #13 of 18 Old 07-15-2014, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Is your version the one that does not require a dyno? I do not live in an area that has a motorcycle dyno within reasonable distance.
I'm looking for strict plug and play so if anything goes wrong I can turn back to stock with no traces of anything been done.

post #14 of 18 Old 07-15-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsharp View Post
I have the power commander v and there is no splicing, everything is plug and play.
Not true. You have to tap in to the RPM signal wire. Otherwise, everything is plug and play.
post #15 of 18 Old 07-15-2014, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

I guess they all have a tap somewhere. I suppose I could always electrical tape the bundle to hide the wire after removal of the unit.
post #16 of 18 Old 07-15-2014, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

The install seems doable with the tank leveraged upwards. I just plugged the pair valve with a bolt, 10mm as suggested, I stick the bolt part into the nipple, and then fed the hose back on, it was a fairly short bolt, so it shouldn't go into the valve mechanism. It took care of the popping for a little, and then it came back. Perhaps I need a larger bolt. It seemed pretty sung inside the tube....
Any ideas? I mean, it seems to have eliminated some of the popping, but not all.
I am venturing a guess that the fuel controller would eliminate the rest?
post #17 of 18 Old 07-15-2014, 03:43 PM

If its still popping, it means you are too lean and yes, you will need a fuel controller to make the mixture richer.
post #18 of 18 Old 07-15-2014, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

After some consideration, and the fact I don't have a dyno close by, I will just purchase the Juicebox, since it is the general consensus that the bike runs leans naturally anyway.
I don't need any special adjustments, just fuel added really.
I assume their preprogrammed map has more fine tuned adjustments anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page