Speed ability up a mountain. - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 11 Old 07-18-2014, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Anyone take their CBR across the Rockies, or another high elevation/steep grade?

I've done it in a Superhawk and noticed a huge drop in power vs sea level, but that was carbureted, so I'm not sure it had all it's power.

I'm probabaly 250-260 in all my gear, and on a hot/muggy day I've seen top speeds as low as 77 or 78 (mph), although it's typically 85+.

I could live with going 55 or 60 up the hills in the thin air, but I don't want to be doing 37mph flat out for an hour trying not to get run over by 18 wheelers, I'm wanting to go to Oregon or California from Chicago as it's been a while, just trying to figure out what's practical.

i took mine all the way to highest possible roads in the world... averaging 15000 feet most of the times and peaked out at 18,500 feet.. no power loss.. beyond 16000 feet in steep inclines when i felt the bike was sluggish.. ( placebo effect) .. disconnected the battery wire.. removed filter cover and reconnected after 20 minutes... ( ECU reset + some extra air flow) and it kept singing just like at sea-level...

cbr went flying into knee deep slush and iced roads and temperature ranging from 40 degree Celsius to -5 degree
Attached Images
File Type: jpg top of the roof.jpg (337.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1642.jpg (153.0 KB, 4 views)

"A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith, and use up a lot of fuel."

RE Bullet 1977 - Current
Yam RX-100 1991 - Current
HH CBZ Classic 2003 - Current
Honda Activa 2004 - Current
Honda CBR 250R 2012 - Current
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page