0-40 - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 Old 05-31-2012, 02:54 PM

Might be interesting to know. Like you said it wouldn't really be useful unless you were really on the fence about the two and needed something else to split hairs over. The reviews that are floating around are already pretty clear about the cbr being better around town. It just boils down to what the individual is wanting, or thinks they want. The fastest slow bike is still a slow bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 Old 05-31-2012, 05:14 PM

Frankly it doesn't matter why its better or worse as long as you're happy. Guess what? You can justify your purchase by simply saying, "Because its a Honda" and it'll work.
post #13 of 23 Old 05-31-2012, 05:20 PM

Garage
geez

I've never seen a u-haul behind a funeral procession. there is
nothing i have, i cannot part with and there is nothing i own
that will go with me when i leave this earth. that being said,
it seems like nonsense to argue belabored points about ninja
vs. cbr. Like the saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
for me, thats what buying or choosing a certain bike is like!
It suits me. my needs are different than everyone else's. My
priorities in what i want in a motorcycle is as personal as my
choice in the type beer i drink. this is a cbr250r forum, maybe
those who can't seem to do anything but complain about their
cbr should sell it, trade it or give it away. then run to the
nearest kawasaki dealer they can find and git dim dat dar
ninjer. enough already. my cbr runs like a scolded chicken for
what i need. if kept within the powerband in each gear there
is nothing to complain about. we ain't racing

RLTW/SUA SPONTE'

post #14 of 23 Old 05-31-2012, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned

You guys totally missed my point. lol I'm actually praising the cbr250r for it's in town riding ability. I don't have a need to ride on the highway as I don't use my bike to commute but rather for personal enjoyment and to learn to become a better rider.

The POINT that I'm making is that we ALWAYS hear about the "ton" of torque the cbr250r has (Most youtube reviews) but you never really see it reflected in the real data consumers can use such as 0-40 time as opposed to 0-60. Most in town riding has speed limits of 45 mph or less, going to 60 mph is of no concern b/c if you go 60 in a 35 mph or 45 mph speed zone you have a high chance of getting a speeding ticket.

Point being= If the CBR250r did 0-40 in say 2.7 secs compared to a Ninjette in 3.7 secs, newbs would see a real number comparison that reflects the extra torque on the low rpms for the cbr250r and understand why the cbr250r is more fun to ride than the nina 250r. (Pseudo numbers to make a point)

Many people on this board who have owned the ninja 250r have expressed their sentiment that the cbr250r is more fun to ride than the ninja 250r primarily b/c of having more torque off the line. I just wanted to expound on their opinion with this thread.

I got a chance to ride my bke yesterday after not riding it for a week due to me doing the 600 mile service. I realized this bike is actually fun around town and b/c we can push the limits on this bike and still be legal as opposed to riding a 600 tiptoeing around town, what the fook is the point burning a crap load of gas to do the speed limit. I made it up in my mind I DON'T WANT a 600 b/c you are basically delegated to being poser pussyfooting around town on your big bike like you are a tough guy or something or to think you look cool on your cool-looking super sport bike.

I'm keeping this bike. I LOVE the 77 mpg I get, comfortable ergo, range of steering is BETTER than the SS bikes, flick-ability around corners, smooth engine, lightweight of the bike, cheap insurance ($110 a year) and CHEAP maintenance of this bike.

WTF do you need a bigger bike if you don't do long commutes on the highway (Even though this bike perfectly capable of long commuting on the highway)?

Many people, should I say posers, mostly want a big SS bike b/c of the looks and a pseudo perception of more street credibility when in actuality people can give a crap about what you riding or how much skill you have. Like they say "It's all in your head." These individuals are most likely attention seekers and really need Dr. Phil more than they need a bigger bike.

90% of the people that get 600cc+ bikes NEVER use even half of it's full capability. So what's the point? That's like buying a fancy $3,000 DSLR camera to use as a point and shoot camera and show off like you are a pro photographer with skills. (Which a lot of people do).

Just my take.

Last edited by DudeMan; 05-31-2012 at 07:27 PM.
post #15 of 23 Old 05-31-2012, 07:23 PM

is this the moment we've all been waiting for?
post #16 of 23 Old 05-31-2012, 07:52 PM

Why did your 600 mile service take a week?
post #17 of 23 Old 05-31-2012, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by etiainen View Post
Why did your 600 mile service take a week?
Busy landscaping and renovating my house. It didn't take me long to do the service, about a few hours. My valves didn't need adjusting, still in spec measurements. I'm just going to have the dealer do them at 3k miles, the dealer recommended it be done a 3k miles. I can do it but I've had slippery fingers in the past on a couple occasions and I don't want to risk it. However, I may change my mind when it's time to do them.

Last edited by DudeMan; 05-31-2012 at 08:19 PM.
post #18 of 23 Old 05-31-2012, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Banned

This is the reason why I sold my sports car with a V8. I'm like wtf do I need a car that can go 160 mph for? I was getting about 18 mpg doing the speed limit as where if I had a 4cyl I could get 25-30 mpg doing the speed limit. I realized I was nothing more than a poser in a cool-looking sports car, no real practicality. So I sold the sports car and will be getting a toyota tacoma reg cab 4cyl base model. It will be great to feel how fast I'm going and be able to stick with the speed limit and get better gas mileage as opposed to doing 50 in a 35 without even realizing it and burning a a bunch of premium gas while risking an expensive ticket that will in turn raise my insurance rates. Not very smart, imo.

Bottom line,

The cbr250r is a smart choice and IS fun to ride. A 600 SS bike is really only practical on the track, that's what it was designed for.

Last edited by DudeMan; 05-31-2012 at 08:37 PM.
post #19 of 23 Old 05-31-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeMan View Post
This is the reason why I sold my sports car with a V8. I'm like wtf do I need a car that can go 160 mph for? I was getting about 18 mpg doing the speed limit as where if I had a 4cyl I could get 25-30 mpg doing the speed limit. I realized I was nothing more than a poser in a cool-looking sports car, no real practicality. So I sold the sports car and will be getting a toyota tacoma reg cab 4cyl base model. It will be great to feel how fast I'm going and be able to stick with the speed limit and get better gas mileage as opposed to doing 50 in a 35 without even realizing it and burning a a bunch of premium gas while risking an expensive ticket that will in turn raise my insurance rates. Not very smart, imo.

Bottom line,

The cbr250r is a smart choice and IS fun to ride. A 600 SS bike is really only practical on the track, that's what it was designed for.

I don't really agree with this. You just needed a better sports car, I manage 18.5 mpg in town with twin turbo's or ~28 highway. And a 250 is not the ideal highway bike, I find myself wanting to make a 1 hour trip on the bike but not doing it just because it's not comfortable for that long of a trip.

2011 CBR250R- gas saver
2001 Audi S4- Twin Turbo 318hp/382 torque
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee- Work in progress
1994 Suzuki RF900R - Work in progress
post #20 of 23 Old 05-31-2012, 09:46 PM
TBC

CBR great for city riding 0 to 45 . My CBR can do 46mph in 2nd gear at 10,000rpm . Most speed limits 35 to 45 mph around here. The tailgaters have to catch up to me. LOL My CBR is great for getting up to the speed limit in a short time aorund town. And i get 75+mpg doing it. My CBR isnt slow from 0 to 60.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page