Bottom line what is the best aftermarket exhaust?? - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 64 Old 06-19-2012, 05:35 AM

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,315 Posts
Exhaust thread #789,563

Is it really necessary?

buy the one that gives you the biggest boner... or in 250 single cases.. the smallest.

Sent from my mobile phone while driving, waiting for a vigilante Motovlogger to star in his own train wreck.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aufitt For This Useful Post:
j4bberwocky (06-19-2012), lewiCBR250R (06-29-2012), TX_Dj (06-19-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 64 Old 06-19-2012, 07:08 AM

I bought the Akrapovic carbon fibre too. As with Metalstorm I went to Youtube and listened to clips of various slip-ons. The one the convinced me was from Aufitt. For me it was a good choice. It dropped 14 lbs. (7 pounds=1 HP) and has a great sound with the baffle in. I listened to one, TBR, at a local dealer and thought it was too loud. I was surprised with the price of the Akrapovic, $500 USD for just the slip-on. When I opened the box I saw why it cost that much. The quality is excellent. I noticed an immediate difference in performance. After installing it I sprung for the header, $160 USD. Another beautiful piece that dropped more weight. Along with these parts I've since added a K&N air filter and a Bazzaz Z-FI box. The CBR is now a really great bike.
The Following User Says Thank You to Carolina Slim For This Useful Post:
Aufitt (06-19-2012)
post #13 of 64 Old 06-19-2012, 07:10 AM

Agreed, its getting a bit old. But I will offer a solid piece of advice...do not go cheap with the DanMoto. Others may enjoy theirs, but I completely hate mine based on build quality and fitment.

post #14 of 64 Old 06-19-2012, 07:17 AM

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,315 Posts
Ive actually deleted my Akrapovic vid because it doesnt do it justice, when the GoPro arrives I'll have track vids to show what its really like.

Hindle would be another top shelf option, really like their quality too.

Just dont buy cheap noisy pipes.. thats why ppl hate 250's with loud pipes and gives us all a bad name.

Sent from my mobile phone while driving, waiting for a vigilante Motovlogger to star in his own train wreck.
post #15 of 64 Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 AM

Never had a Hindle that was too loud if you order the stealth baffle, the supersport baffle is too loud period. And this is from a picky guy that gets tired of noisy bikes fast.
post #16 of 64 Old 06-19-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Slim View Post
7 pounds=1 HP
Not picking on you or anything but I have always called BS on that statement (and I could be wrong).

My thinking is: If 7 lbs = 1hp then our 22hp bike would produce a whopping 0 hp carrying a rider that weighs 154 lbs. That would put most of the US owned bikes deep into the negative horse power! lol

To the OP: I'm with Auffit on this one, buy the exhaust that sounds/looks/feels best to you. I personally went with the Leo Vince SBK, I like the way it looks and sounds but not everyone feels the same way.

2011 Red Honda CBR250r

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Black Mazda3 Hatchback

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 64 Old 06-19-2012, 02:02 PM

I have a akra as well and I love it. I pops a bit while decelerating but so what! That sounds cool too

Young, Dumb and Full of Cum

2012 Tri Color CBR250R Captain America
Have: Yosh Rearset Brackets, Akra Slip-On, Yosh GP Hooks, Honda Seat Cowl
Want: Woodcraft Lowering Clip-Ons, ZG Windscreen, Hot bodies FE, Hotbodies Signals, Smaller Rear Signals
post #18 of 64 Old 06-19-2012, 04:56 PM

just went back to the full SS Yoshi system , I had let AKRAPOVIC put a full system on to test , it was louder,and I din't like the look as much as thr Yoshi. by the way I think te Akrapovice make less power .
post #19 of 64 Old 06-19-2012, 08:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
Ive actually deleted my Akrapovic vid because it doesnt do it justice, when the GoPro arrives I'll have track vids to show what its really like.
I for one can't wait to check that out. Though if it's as good a job as your last videos it might push me over the edge into plunking down the $500 for the Akra.

This could be dangerous

The road to enlightenment is more fun on a motorcycle.
post #20 of 64 Old 06-19-2012, 09:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalstorm View Post
I for one can't wait to check that out. Though if it's as good a job as your last videos it might push me over the edge into plunking down the $500 for the Akra.

This could be dangerous
Yep absolutely agree. I await your next video with eager anticpation Aufitt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page