The "Leave the stock exhaust the heck alone!" thread - Page 26 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
View Poll Results: So what do you think? Is Sarge right, or off his rocker?
Sarge is spot on! Leave the stock exhaust alone! 132 47.48%
Sarge is full of crap! Aftermarket is better, so go for it! 146 52.52%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #251 of 277 Old 12-18-2015, 08:33 PM

I stuck with the stocker on the 250 as well as my 750. Sure, they are ugly and heavy, but there are better things to spend money on first. Brakes, suspension, tires, and track days. Each to their own. I do drool over a nice Akra or Yoshi for my Suzuki, but my internal cost/benefit calculator says not yet.
Keith and bradmeister like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 277 Old 12-19-2015, 04:01 AM

IMO the biggest let down with the aftermarket cans is the decibel level of the majority of them.
I'm all for a lighter pipe in stainless steel or CF that wont rust and looks more stylish, but I don't particularly want to announce it to the world. Especially as these small singles don't have (IMO) the most appealing of exhaust notes.
Stichill, Keith and bradmeister like this.

2013 CBR250R repsol (sold)
2014 CBR300R (sold)
2007 SV650 (track bike)
2004 XR250R (dirt bike)
2018 Ninja 400
post #253 of 277 Old 12-22-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmeister View Post
Its amazing that the Debate hear is even an arguable issue.......talk about "Keeping up with the Jones'.....sheech.

The Fact is: Unless any of you yeah Sayers have brought your CBR into a Dyno Shop right after you bought it, Blown your warranty immediately by having it tested, then installed an aftermarket pipe of your choosing, then Re Dyno'd it,..... YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!

Many of us that have a CBR 250/300 are not looking to scare the cats and wake up the neighbors....Just get from point A to point B efficiently.

Misnomer: Loud pipes do not save lives
Loud pipes will save me from an accident because they can hear me coming.
Loud pipes mean I have a large dick and I'll attract more women.

An Aftermarket Exhaust Pipe is for Pro Racers or fools. Period. Unless you know, Don't Blow.....

Cheers
I think you're being a bit fickle. Dynos don't void warranties, and neither do slip-on exhausts. Loud pipes do indeed give another method of making yourself noticeable, which is invaluable on a motorcycle, regardless as to what it is that accomplishes the task.

People own the motorcycle they buy; they can do as they please to it. I happen to have a Leo Vince slip-on and have been very happy with it. I am neither a pro-racer nor do I consider myself a fool, and I'm sure as hell not going to talk about my genitalia with you.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

post #254 of 277 Old 12-22-2015, 01:52 PM

I made my own out of a car muffler. Looked much better and a little lighter. 76Db @ 9500 rpm. Nice and legal too. My old Derbi Gpr hah 98Db @ 8500 :P

Take care & ride safe.

2012 Honda CBR 250RAb, Sold.
2013 CBR 600RR, Sold.
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650R, Road. (wife's)
2015 Kawasaki Z300, Road. (wife's)
2014 BMW S1000RR HP4, Road / Flying Machine. (Traded in the wife for it)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #255 of 277 Old 03-04-2016, 09:31 PM

I weight 180lbs.. I swapped the stock exhaust for the Carbon fiber yoshimura exhaust + K&N Air filter and I notice good power gains.. its a 23hp engine.. lets get to 24hp gosh..

U READY TO RIDE!
post #256 of 277 Old 03-05-2016, 09:56 AM

I'd pass on the K&N. The system's restriction really isn't in the airbox, and they let way too many small particles through the mesh for my liking.
don'tpanic likes this.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
post #257 of 277 Old 03-05-2016, 04:32 PM

I just put on an FMF header and Delkevic SS exhaust this morning; still a good weight savings even if though it's not carbon fiber.
...it's definitely louder, but not that much...
guys, it's really all about personal preference just like most everything. I'll still keep my old exhaust if I want to back on.
shisoshin likes this.

2012 CBR250R Naked Orange
post #258 of 277 Old 03-05-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrlocal View Post
I'd pass on the K&N. The system's restriction really isn't in the airbox, and they let way too many small particles through the mesh for my liking.
That, and it IS still, just a 250.
post #259 of 277 Old 03-05-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeev View Post
I just put on an FMF header and Delkevic SS exhaust this morning...I'll still keep my old exhaust if I want to back on.
I would advise keeping the stock system.

I had to remove my 18" Delkevic SS when the rubber bracket insulator melted. I was also not pleased with the way it induced cold stalls and hot stalls off idle. I never felt a lot of benefit from either the weight savings or supposed power gains. I did get tired of being obnoxious in parking lots and the droning while riding.

I did keep my Delkevic SS header pipe. Flows better and looks better than the rusted OEM unit.
Keith likes this.
post #260 of 277 Old 03-15-2016, 06:02 AM

Apologies for any typing errors!!! Sent from my phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page