The "Leave the stock exhaust the heck alone!" thread - Page 27 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
View Poll Results: So what do you think? Is Sarge right, or off his rocker?
Sarge is spot on! Leave the stock exhaust alone! 132 47.48%
Sarge is full of crap! Aftermarket is better, so go for it! 146 52.52%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #261 of 277 Old 04-05-2016, 06:51 PM

I fitted cb500F silencer to my 2012 and it is running better than it ever did. Very happy with the result.
Rootch likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 277 Old 04-05-2016, 10:35 PM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 832 Posts
some think i practice yoga based on
women also attending yoga sessions..
that is another, reflection of their own,
life views, attitudes and, assumptions..
false, assumptions..

same same assumptions of stupidity
or attention seeking as motives for,
replacing the heavy cat container
with a well designed tight fitting
lightweight carbon lv evoII s/o..

while there are attention seekers
in all societies, including no doubt
using this forum, doesnt mean
we're all stupid or attention seeking
deficients with penis envy..
tartan_warrior likes this.
post #263 of 277 Old 04-06-2016, 06:52 AM

This whole thread reminds me of that old true story my father told me. When he was flying from London to New York. Some dumb ass passanger asked the flight crew to " Turn down the engines as he/she (guess what sex) could not sleep" My father exited the cockpit & told the passanger. Your free to leave at anytime. It's a long way down.

My BMW is loud as hell. Full Termignonl.With good reason. The avg Thai driver is in koo koo land when behind the wheel. If they don't see me. They will sure as hell hear me. I work on the safety principle. Then again. I worked my ass off for six years to afford it cash. Now i can't afford my penis plastic surgery i was saving for. To make it 12" on the slack... lmao.

*Edit* That's only a 11" increase.

Take care & ride safe.

2012 Honda CBR 250RAb, Sold.
2013 CBR 600RR, Sold.
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650R, Road. (wife's)
2015 Kawasaki Z300, Road. (wife's)
2014 BMW S1000RR HP4, Road / Flying Machine. (Traded in the wife for it)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tartan_warrior; 04-09-2016 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Grammer + info

post #264 of 277 Old 04-06-2016, 04:15 PM

Garage
Haha! just saw this thread. I threw on a Masurri exhaust, cheap and pretty. Came out perfect, good looking and all.

I noticed some backfire if i shifted and kept the rpms higher than usual.. wasn't sure if it was really this or my head playing games... but I try and reproduce the sound whenever I shift.. it's dope!
post #265 of 277 Old 04-08-2016, 10:01 PM

The stock CBR250R exhaust has been criticized for being too ugly, too heavy, and too quiet. Honestly I don't have a problem with the looks and in my application (flyweight sport touring) the stock exhaust is perfect. No negative impact on ride-ability (stalling, erratic idle, cold start problems), not obnoxiously loud and droning, and no maintenance required other than the occasional sandblasting and repaint with high-temp black. The weight is a non-factor for responsible street riding.

I am just thankful the exhaust doesn't look like the CBR150R system:

Despite that, this guy managed to get a pretty decent tone with his modification.

https://youtu.be/0e1CDvBLd3E
tartan_warrior likes this.
post #266 of 277 Old 04-20-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stichill View Post
I am just thankful the exhaust doesn't look like the CBR150R system:

Despite that, this guy managed to get a pretty decent tone with his modification.

https://youtu.be/0e1CDvBLd3E
I replaced the exhaust on my 2011 CBR125R (with CBR150R engine) recently. The stock exhaust was rusting and a friend welded it together in a spot where it started to leak near the flange a couple of years ago. I decided that I wanted a higher quality exhaust and my only requirements were that it be relatively quiet and well constructed, and I didn't want to have to re-pack the muffler every few years. I suppose I also didn't want to lose low-end power like my experience with other full exhausts in the past either. If it performed as well as stock - I'd be happy.

Well - in the end - I purchased a new Scorpion Serket Taper (Stainless) for the bike. It certainly sounds a little louder than stock, but not much more so. I have no desire to remove the db killer. It's great that the exhaust never needs packing. And it saved me 5.6 lbs (which is probably mostly due to no catalyst). I have an aRacer programmable ECU for the bike and the combination of ECU and exhaust feels like I've gained some power across the board. I plan to have the bike dyno-tuned later this summer. I have to admit - this is the first time I've actually been happy with an aftermarket exhaust.

I agree with Stichill about the looks of the stock exhaust - and feel that the Scorpion suits the looks of the bike much better. I haven't taken a photo of it - but this is virtually identical to what the bike looks like with the new exhaust.

Mike
sendler likes this.
post #267 of 277 Old 04-29-2016, 10:21 PM

Garage
My concern with modding 250Rs is that most people consider it a beginner bike that you quickly outgrow. Dumping a bunch of money on aftermarket parts for a bike you expect to flip right away just doesn't make sense, particularly given the low returns on performance parts at this size.

I met somebody who demonstrated that fantastically. He bought a used 250R, immediately dumped a big pile of money on performance parts, and slapped decals of his business logo all over it. Six months later he upgraded, and now he's having a lot of trouble selling the 250 because he didn't keep the stock parts. He would have been better off buying a new 300 and leaving it stock; it would have cost the same, actually had the performance his parts didn't achieve, and he'd get more back selling it with a lot less effort.

My own 250r has a fair bit spent on aftermarket bits with a focus on comfort rather than performance, and I intend to keep it a good long time to make the most of that investment.

Every bike is a good bike. The question is whether or not it's the best bike for what you want to do.

The Little Sport Tourer That Could - 2011 CBR250R with touring windscreen, Saddlemen seat, tank cover, frame sliders, mirror extenders, taller gearing via sprockets to fix speedo and reduce vibration at highway speed. Written off due to act of moron.
post #268 of 277 Old 04-30-2016, 08:02 PM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 832 Posts
forum member selling his bike reinstalled his
stock muffler/cat container [in new condition]
selling his leo vince evoII carbon slip on to me,
for $200 cash, picked up from his place..

she also had a functioning stock horn,
replaced with a better [imo] horn..

also chose all black over other colour schemes..
even did a full paint job on my cb750/4..

to each their own ..
post #269 of 277 Old 05-02-2016, 07:57 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to OzHonda
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchesOhoolihan View Post
Haha! just saw this thread. I threw on a Masurri exhaust, cheap and pretty. Came out perfect, good looking and all.

I noticed some backfire if i shifted and kept the rpms higher than usual.. wasn't sure if it was really this or my head playing games... but I try and reproduce the sound whenever I shift.. it's dope!
I had a musarri on my 250. To fix the backfiring I cut the end off of a colgate toothbrush and jammed in the hose on the side, problem solved. :P

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current: 2003 CBR600RR

Sold:

Ride carefully - You are invisible.

Mods:

Feb, 2014 Photo of the month winner
post #270 of 277 Old 05-02-2016, 07:58 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to OzHonda
Quote:
Originally Posted by tartan_warrior View Post
My BMW is loud as hell. Full Termignonl.With good reason. The avg Thai driver is in koo koo land when behind the wheel. If they don't see me. They will sure as hell hear me.
My understanding is that the exhaust is pointing away from the direction you're travelling, so loud pipes are moot point.

YouTube:

Current: 2003 CBR600RR

Sold:

Ride carefully - You are invisible.

Mods:

Feb, 2014 Photo of the month winner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page