Hypermiling your sprockets - Page 4 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 Old 07-21-2015, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

I misspoke and I meant temperatures, not speeds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_engine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 07-21-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inst View Post
I misspoke and I meant temperatures, not speeds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_engine
Engines do operate more efficiently when warmed up, but make more power if the intake air is colder. They will make more power (theoretically) in the winter when the air is colder and more dense, as more can be packed into the combustion chamber.

Our bikes seem to not like the cold, and from the butt dyno, they just don't run as strongly. This goes in conjunction with fueling.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
post #33 of 39 Old 07-21-2015, 10:03 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
So you don't believe my bike ran better when hotter?
I did not say that. I only assumed, that you as a almost all of the time riding in circles guy, are knowing about the little differences, that can reduce or rise highspeed on straightlines, better.
Or did you do the 'run' to redline in 6. and 14T on a dyno? At 20 and 40 degree centigrade?
And if not, which racetrack has part of the eyre highway included, to get to redline in 6. with the CBR250?
Or was it a downhill section of some public road in WA?
Anyway, we talking about which difference, in the speed?
171/2 to 168/9ish, maybe?

Quote:
Was me owning it for over 2 yrs, knew my bike better than most would ever hope to.
Good for you. Good for your bike

@cbrlocal
20-30 Fahrenheit is far away from the 20-40 degree centigrade, we have in the ring, here.
Or is your bike driving better @ 104, as it is @ 68 degree Fahrenheit?

@Inst

The 'thing' with the torque is:
You create the torque with the right hand.
The rpm is only giving you a max possible torque option, if throttle is in 'full'.
And because you can't drive constant rpms in the middle of the band with a full open throttle, your driving in 50/80% torque won't be possible. Without using the brakes!

Maybe we talking about different things here. But in case, you wanna drive in 50 or 80% max. torque area, you can do so in every gear.
But you can do that for a long time only, if you drive in a gear, where 50 or 80% torque is partial load.

I would say, ~6-7k rpm is about the strongest option, to save fuel. With any sprocket, I think. Only the 15 could be in need for a bit more throttle (torque), to stay on 6-7k in 6, as the 14T.

post #34 of 39 Old 07-21-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR-250-R View Post
@cbrlocal
20-30 Fahrenheit is far away from the 20-40 degree centigrade, we have in the ring, here.
Or is your bike driving better @ 104, as it is @ 68 degree Fahrenheit?
It rides better at 70+ Fahrenheit than 30-40 Fahrenheit.
Aufitt and jsonder like this.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
post #35 of 39 Old 07-22-2015, 09:05 AM

By the way, the best brake specific fuel consumption occurs at a high load and an rpm that is just under the torque peak. Not half the torque peak. So for this engine, 4,500 to 6,000 rpm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 39 Old 07-25-2015, 07:54 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to OzHonda
Quote:
There is more variation in fuel price from week to week or servo to servo than you could ever save by driving Miss Daisy style of riding or gearing changes.
Tell me about it. I live in Townsville where fuel comes in our port, and it's $1.479/L for 91RON, however when it gets sent to Ayr via road train from here they pay $1.229.

Complete and utter BS. -.-

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current: 2003 CBR600RR

Sold:

Ride carefully - You are invisible.

Mods:

Feb, 2014 Photo of the month winner
post #37 of 39 Old 07-25-2015, 10:15 PM

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzman View Post
Tell me about it. I live in Townsville where fuel comes in our port, and it's $1.479/L for 91RON, however when it gets sent to Ayr via road train from here they pay $1.229.

Complete and utter BS. -.-

Can be $1.20 north of the river in Perth while its $1.45 south of iver,
then drive home to Albs and halfway can be $1.25 0r $1.55 just 75km down the road at the next stop.
That's where you have to fill up a bike, so 10 litres is a $3 difference.

Then Back home it could be anywhere in that range again.

Imagine sitting on 80kph driving Miss Daisy to save ten cents to get stung when ya could just say 'hang the expense, I wanna get home before Dark, ive got 500km to so lets belt it at 160 before the Kangaroos come.' out or you freeze.

Sent from my mobile phone while driving, waiting for a vigilante Motovlogger to star in his own train wreck.
post #38 of 39 Old 07-25-2015, 11:12 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to OzHonda
Quote:
That's where you have to fill up a bike, so 10 litres is a $3 difference.
Only thing I do is use the 4c fuel vouchers when filling up the cars, $1.47 @ 65L, saves $3/fill but filling up the cars 2 x per week (running kids around), $6 may not seem like much, but it is more money for the 600.

Even then, I'm not religious with the dockets. At the end of the day, I bought my vehicles to drive. I spend more on coffee than I do saving on petrol. I did however sell the SS, because $110 every 3 days was getting expensive.

YouTube:

Current: 2003 CBR600RR

Sold:

Ride carefully - You are invisible.

Mods:

Feb, 2014 Photo of the month winner
post #39 of 39 Old 07-26-2015, 03:54 AM

You sold your 600?

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page