Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Racing Report: Baby Blade rocks in the Rain

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  SpotTheDogg 
#1 ·
This post most appropriately belongs in a racer's forum, but since we don't have one (Moderator hint :grin2:) I'll post it here.

This weekend's CMRA race (MSR Houston) was completely in the rain and waterlogged - all rain, all the time. The track drains well, but there was so much rain that there were rivulets and puddles all over the track.

Based on the advice of a friend (Roger Albert - OnRoad/OffRoad Suspension), I put on rain tires and did my first wet races. The little CBR250R absolutely rocks in the rain!

It corners better than its competitors on dry track, but it's superior performance characteristics really shine on a wet track. To the point that I was able to pass at least one rider (who is faster than me on normal days) on the outside of a sweeping corner.

And it's low end torque band (as compared to competitive bikes) made for easily controlled acceleration without spinning up the back tire, and also for very precise/controllable engine braking.

In the two races I ran, I took a second (with third place going to the overall class leader) and a third (with first and second both going to guys who raced in the KTM Cup international finals - or so I was told).

In summary, this is a very good bike in dry conditions if the rider's cornering skill can overcome it's lack of top end speed; but in the wet, this bike really shines with no pitfalls. It let me punch beyond my weight. Thanks Baby Blade!

See less See more
#2 ·
And in the second race, I was being held up by a guy who was out of the points for the season. I think he was just messing with me, so I tried to drive him off the race line. He turned into me and knocked my leg off the peg and into his bike. He went down, and now he's mad at me for "kicking" him. His pit even says they have proof that I kicked his brake.

[Just thought I would try to get some discussion going... My original post seems have fallen flat.]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.