Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/)
-   CBR250 Performance (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-performance/)
-   -   Racer Project (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-performance/67634-racer-project.html)

bat 04-17-2018 06:31 PM

Racer Project

Been gathering parts for my racer project. Complete Hotbodies bodywork, rear set risers, braided lines, smog Block off plate, Power Commander FC, Race Tech fork springs and emulators, Penske rear shock with Race Tech spring, Pre Load Adjusters, Full race exhaust. I am going to try some SAVA M50 soft race tires. Got a few other ideas and parts I will try. Our first race in next month. My class is just for 250's, until next year. Got a lightweight rear disc I will try too. Maybe clip ons and some frame sliders. I will work on air box and wrap the exhaust, tank grips and a Tyga triple clamp. Safety wire and should be ready.

jsonder 04-17-2018 10:37 PM

Good luck with your project.

jkv357 04-18-2018 08:51 AM

Look for articles by Ari Henning from Motorcyclist magazine about prepping the CBR.

He raced one for quite a while and did well on it, but it's still going to be an underdog on the track compared to a Ninja - if that matters.

bat 04-02-2019 09:38 PM

Alright, bike is done, ready to test and race. Bike is 311 lbs with gas ready to race. I still don't know how Ari got his 2011 down to 295 lbs. I know my chain is a little more weight than another 520 non "o" ring chain was. Everything is trimmed off frame. I did have to weld a bung on the exhaust for the Bazazz with Auto Tune. 305 kit with cams installed, slipper clutch installed with Factory Pro shift kit and Barnett springs. Do have a fork brace and installed Tyga upper clamp, Vortex clamp with Carbon Fiber bars, Woodcraft ignition delete, Sava race tires, Vortex sprocket. Started right up after build. I will run 110 Torco race fuel. I will take it out tomorrow and do a test. We have a race event this weekend. Sava just got back to me with cold and hot tire temp. I will let you know if it works.

jkv357 04-03-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat (Post 685487)
Alright, bike is done, ready to test and race. Bike is 311 lbs with gas ready to race. I still don't know how Ari got his 2011 down to 295 lbs. I know my chain is a little more weight than another 520 non "o" ring chain was. Everything is trimmed off frame. I did have to weld a bung on the exhaust for the Bazazz with Auto Tune. 305 kit with cams installed, slipper clutch installed with Factory Pro shift kit and Barnett springs. Do have a fork brace and installed Tyga upper clamp, Vortex clamp with Carbon Fiber bars, Woodcraft ignition delete, Sava race tires, Vortex sprocket. Started right up after build. I will run 110 Torco race fuel. I will take it out tomorrow and do a test. We have a race event this weekend. Sava just got back to me with cold and hot tire temp. I will let you know if it works.

That may cost you power.

High octane fuel, if not required to hold off detonation, can reduce power. If your engine is basically stock, with stock compression, standard octane fuel will most likely make the most power.

bat 04-03-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkv357 (Post 685501)
That may cost you power.

High octane fuel, if not required to hold off detonation, can reduce power. If your engine is basically stock, with stock compression, standard octane fuel will most likely make the most power.

I know that, mine has high compression piston, Bazazz with Auto Tune, performance cams and a BUDDY with Dyno. I have been doing this so long, I already knew that.

jkv357 04-03-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat (Post 685503)
I know that, mine has high compression piston, Bazazz with Auto Tune, performance cams and a BUDDY with Dyno. I have been doing this so long, I already knew that.

Who knew?

bat 04-03-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkv357 (Post 685507)
Who knew?

Kinda said that in my post.

jkv357 04-04-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Who knew that?

Thomas M. Daley 06-09-2019 03:11 AM

Quote:

Hello Bat,
How you get on with the 305 kit??