Injector size - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 10-23-2018, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
bat

Injector size

Does anyone know what size the injector is on a CBR250R ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-25-2018, 05:26 AM

It's a 12 hole injector made by Keihin.

Cheers!
V

Fool me once - Shame on you!
Fool me twice - I'll kick your a**e

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KTM DUKE 390| CBR250R ABS| Suzuki Shogun 2 Stroke|
post #3 of 15 Old 10-25-2018, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
bat

What size ? I have heard that a 250 has a 38mm throttle body and in the specs so does the 300. Then some aftermarket people have a bored out throttle body which is 44mm and they state a stock 250 0r 300 have a 40 mm throttle body, then another company say they have a 400cc injector for the 250 0r 300. My question and it seems nobody knows what the stock injector size is on a 250 or 300. I got larger injectors for my SV650 racer and the same people can supply me with larger ones for a CBR250R but nobody knows what the stock size is ??? Who would know that ?

post #4 of 15 Old 10-26-2018, 11:31 PM

Are you asking about the injector? Or the throttle body size?
post #5 of 15 Old 10-28-2018, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
bat

Injector size. I know the throttle body is 38mm for the 250 and 300 but can not find out what size the injector is for either.
post #6 of 15 Old 12-26-2018, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
bat

Just to let you guys know, I am installing a 380cc injector into stock throttle body, with Bazazz auto tune it should work good. Need something to keep up with the R3's
post #7 of 15 Old 01-16-2019, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
bat

Went with a 400cc injector to go along with the 305cc kit and cams.
post #8 of 15 Old 01-25-2019, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat View Post
Went with a 400cc injector to go along with the 305cc kit and cams.
Hello bat,
Hope you can answer my queries?

What BBK suppliers you use for 305cc. I have the Takewaga 305 with racing cams.
What makes you think you need the larger injector??
I have a F1 CON ECU taking care of the ECU
Regards
Tom
post #9 of 15 Old 01-25-2019, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas M. Daley View Post
Hello bat,
Hope you can answer my queries?

What BBK suppliers you use for 305cc. I have the Takewaga 305 with racing cams.
What makes you think you need the larger injector??
I have a F1 CON ECU taking care of the ECU
Regards
Tom

I have the same kit as you, the injectors are only 20cc more but make the cams work better with the 305 kit. I run a Bazazz with Auto Tune. I race at 4000 to 5000 feet and all together work great. I have a guy who builds bikes for MotoAmerica who advises me. The stock throttle body and injector restrict the mods. We also removed the top of the air box. We are porting a bit different from the norm. Check out Moto Tune USA and see what we are doing. I have been building stuff forever and have a few old timers that have dyno's and flow benches and say I am doing the right thing to get the HP out of the little bike.They did say the extra gas metered right help with top end performance.

I am excited, our track days start this month and our races start in March. We will see how it works against the all the other 300's. We have the weight advantage and I am trying to make mine lighter everywhere i can.

Are you racing yours ?

Alan Dye
Thomas M. Daley likes this.
post #10 of 15 Old 01-28-2019, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat View Post
I have the same kit as you, the injectors are only 20cc more but make the cams work better with the 305 kit. I run a Bazazz with Auto Tune. I race at 4000 to 5000 feet and all together work great. I have a guy who builds bikes for MotoAmerica who advises me. The stock throttle body and injector restrict the mods. We also removed the top of the air box. We are porting a bit different from the norm. Check out Moto Tune USA and see what we are doing. I have been building stuff forever and have a few old timers that have dyno's and flow benches and say I am doing the right thing to get the HP out of the little bike.They did say the extra gas metered right help with top end performance.

I am excited, our track days start this month and our races start in March. We will see how it works against the all the other 300's. We have the weight advantage and I am trying to make mine lighter everywhere i can.

Are you racing yours

Alan Dye
Hello Alan,

Thanks for the reply:
Coming up to 64 years old the racing on a track is over. Used to race production class 250 in the late 70's and early 80's. The picture of an old bike were my first. A YDS7 bottom end and g/box with the RD barrels, also ports opened to fit the carbs from a 350.
Nowadays I ride my bikes for enjoyment and thrills. Have a R3 in the w/shop with the CBR.
I like good grip with braking and acceleration. Top speed is no longer the golden grail. Both bikes have sintered pads and Pirellis fitted. The rear seat has been removed on both.

You say you are using a Bazzaz, I am using the FI Con that Takewaga sell, not as easy as the Bazzaz to fit. Agree that the BBkit transforms the bike, I had to fit uprated clutch springs to stop slip from take off. Also, have fitted 13T sprockets to both bikes.
The throttle body and injector change you have done is of interest to me. What model did you take the injector and throttle from and how open is the airbox.

Thanks again for the reply. Take care and ride safe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike 003.jpg (172.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1310.JPG (409.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG20180113171645.jpg (340.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG20170629184130.jpg (199.1 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page