My CBR250R and my sons CB300F - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Stichill
  • 1 Post By Big F1 Fan

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2017, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

My CBR250R and my sons CB300F

Just bought a 2013 CBR250R Repsol with 887 miles on it..couldn't pass up the deal. Paid $1750 cash. Fun little bike. Been riding my whole life, I just bought this because last month I bought my 16yr old son a 2016 CB300F with 990 miles on it for $2750.00 so now we go out riding together.

I ordered a Yoshimura rear fender eliminator kit and I like the looks of it much better than the factory fender. I put in a Xenon bulb for the headlight. Bought 2 at Oreilly's for $49.99, one for my bike and 1 for my sons. I like how bright it is and helps me see at night a lot better but I am going to order a LED headlight and LED turn signals for it tomorrow. Also, tomorrow I will order me a higher flowing air cleaner, a fuel programmer and an Akrapovic exhaust because I need just a little more power.

Anyways, here they are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MeGAvin.jpg (966.5 KB, 45 views)

This is custom signature!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2017, 04:45 PM

Great way to have fun and spend time together with your son. Besides modifying the bikes, another fun thing to do together is shop for riding gear. Revzilla.com has some great videos reviewing almost all the gear they sell, to help you find the gear that best fits your needs and budget.
iahawk likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stichill For This Useful Post:
ftgokie (09-08-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 10:13 AM

Location: Saint Charles, IL. A really nice little far-west Chicago suburb in northeast Illinois.
Garage
I think it's great that you're enjoying this past time with your son. My Dad is the polar opposite unfortunately.

When he heard that I bought my CBR, he was so incredibly angry that I was honestly worried for his health. He's in his 70's now, and is a retired health care professional. In his dental college days in the late 1960's, he interned at an emergency room at a downtown Chicago hospital. He says that some of the worst injuries he saw while there were people involved in motorcycle accidents. He is 100% deaf to all of my pleas for understanding, and still, 5 weeks post-purchase, he wants to know why I'm "obstinately ignoring" his impassioned demands that I get rid of my bike. I don't understand what's behind this. I understand that he's worried about my welfare, but ******************** - I'm nowhere near the age anymore where he has any direct influence on what I do with my life. We live 1,300 miles from each other and he hasn't tried to influence my decisions for over 30 years, since I was back in my teens. I hope he's not getting to a point in his life where his judgment begins slipping and his critical thinking becomes impaired - I'm not ready to see him like that.

So, I applaud you for sharing in your motorcycling adventures with your kid rather than shi**ing all over his fun and excitement. I hope you two enjoy many safe miles under your wheels and create some wonderful life long memories during your trips.
Stichill likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big F1 Fan For This Useful Post:
ftgokie (09-08-2017)

Old 09-08-2017, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big F1 Fan View Post
I think it's great that you're enjoying this past time with your son. My Dad is the polar opposite unfortunately.

When he heard that I bought my CBR, he was so incredibly angry that I was honestly worried for his health. He's in his 70's now, and is a retired health care professional. In his dental college days in the late 1960's, he interned at an emergency room at a downtown Chicago hospital. He says that some of the worst injuries he saw while there were people involved in motorcycle accidents. He is 100% deaf to all of my pleas for understanding, and still, 5 weeks post-purchase, he wants to know why I'm "obstinately ignoring" his impassioned demands that I get rid of my bike. I don't understand what's behind this. I understand that he's worried about my welfare, but ******************** - I'm nowhere near the age anymore where he has any direct influence on what I do with my life. We live 1,300 miles from each other and he hasn't tried to influence my decisions for over 30 years, since I was back in my teens. I hope he's not getting to a point in his life where his judgment begins slipping and his critical thinking becomes impaired - I'm not ready to see him like that.

So, I applaud you for sharing in your motorcycling adventures with your kid rather than shi**ing all over his fun and excitement. I hope you two enjoy many safe miles under your wheels and create some wonderful life long memories during your trips.

I appreciate that man! My dad taught me to ride when I was 6yrs old and bought me a Honda trail 50. I wanted to enjoy this experience with my son and we are having a blast! I tell him every day to keep your head moving looking at the road, on the sides of the road for wildlife and other cars. I almost hit an Armadillo yesterday and that wouldn't have been pretty..so like I told him, ALWAYS been on the lookout because something is gonna jump out in front of you sooner or later so always be on the lookout! I can understand your dads point of view, but you cant put yourself in a bubble to keep yourself from harms way. We went to Cycle Gear in Oklahoma City and in Tulsa and bought all our gear, helmets, gloves, jackets, riding pants...We are gonna take off tomorrow on a little ride from Muskogee over to Rogers Ark on the back roads. Lots of hills and curvy roads...should be lots of fun!

This is custom signature!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgokie View Post
We went to Cycle Gear in Oklahoma City and in Tulsa and bought all our gear, helmets, gloves, jackets, riding pants...We are gonna take off tomorrow on a little ride from Muskogee over to Rogers Ark on the back roads. Lots of hills and curvy roads...should be lots of fun!
That's awesome! My son and I ride dirt bikes together and we had the best time going up to the Iron Pony in Columbus and getting all geared up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in