Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/)
-   CBR250 Problems and Issues (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-problems-issues/)
-   -   cbr250r starting problem (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-problems-issues/13210-cbr250r-starting-problem.html)

manojcys 07-30-2013 05:01 AM

cbr250r starting problem

my bike is not starting when ignition switch is on pgmi light on and sometimes i can hear fuel pump on and it vibrate and sometimes fuel pump is not vibrating and bike doesnt start .i checked battery it showing 13.07v.any one know what the problem is?

tartan_warrior 07-30-2013 01:20 PM

Need more information first.

Year, Model, Mileage, Service History ect. Did this problem just start or were you having issues before hand?

Check Fuel, Air & fuses. & give as much info as you can :)

manojcys 07-31-2013 12:10 AM

2011,cbr250r,21000,services done as per manual.bike is not starting when i on engine kill switch,used to switch engine kill switch for couple of times and then pump starts and then bike starts.asc guys are saying that fuel pump is not working but after a swtiching engine kill switch for couple of times bike starts and runs as usual.is it a fuel pump problem or wiring?

tartan_warrior 07-31-2013 02:34 AM

Sounds like a faulty connection some where. When you get the bike started. Dose the engine light go off as normal? Dose the bike ride normaly? Eg. No loss of power or poor throttle response or engine stalls?

Sorry to hear you are having problems :( But hopefuly we can track it down. :)

roadster 07-31-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manojcys (Post 162610)
2011,cbr250r,21000,services done as per manual.bike is not starting when i on engine kill switch,used to switch engine kill switch for couple of times and then pump starts and then bike starts.asc guys are saying that fuel pump is not working but after a swtiching engine kill switch for couple of times bike starts and runs as usual.is it a fuel pump problem or wiring?

If flicking the kill switch a few times gets it going then it is most likely the kill switch which is at fault. If the starter operates but the fuel pump does not then the fuel pump relay could be at fault. This is located under the left fairing panel below the frame tube ( one of a pair of relays).

Regards Roadster

manojcys 07-31-2013 07:41 AM

got a video could you just see and tell what the problem is?

Aufitt 07-31-2013 07:50 AM

Slow right down and give it a chance!

Key on..... wait at least one more millisecond lol,
you've got hands and fingers going everywhere at a billion mph!

wappo 07-31-2013 03:45 PM

I think the main problem was the fuel pump or fuel pump relay got broken.. so the fuel pump is dead and there is no fuel going into injector.. check your fuel pump and the fuel pump relay at workshop nearby..

Arrethul 07-31-2013 03:54 PM

44 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aufitt (Post 163250)
Slow right down and give it a chance!

Key on..... wait at least one more millisecond lol,
you've got hands and fingers going everywhere at a billion mph!

lol I totally agree.

Try this..

Before turning the key, have the Engine Kill Switch off (In other words, In operating mode)

Turn the key.

Wait at least a second or so after the yellow light is off.

Start the engine.

I don't know whats up with all the kill switch on and off thing was about, but yeah.. I have never even used my kill switch. Its like a pointless thing there that I never use and never heard of anyone using theirs. But yeah.. Slow it down, holy crap you were moving around so quick.

JuzOne 07-31-2013 11:18 PM

Slow down speed racer, let the bike turn on and get itself ready before turning it on lol wow.