Engine Rattle!!! SIGN UP - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 472 Old 10-03-2011, 11:28 PM

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,315 Posts
Put one those M4 half an exhaust pipe on it... that'll fix it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 472 Old 10-04-2011, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrockcbrblack View Post
I KNOW HONDA MUST HAVE A IDEA BY NOW THAT THIS IS A ISSUE BUT THEY SEEM TO NOT WANT TO OWN UP TO IT...SHADY AND DANGEROUS BUSINESS PRACTICE, IMHO....
I think its still a bit too early to start pointing fingers at the manufacture for minor issues such as the engine rattle @ 5000+ RPM. After all, this is the first batch of 250r's from Honda and whose to say that they will not fix this problem with their upcoming 2012 models. As for the 2011s, the solutions I recommend to remedy the situation is to purchase a loud enough exhaust (such as a yoshimura or similar) to mask the rattle in its entirety or by trying to mute it out by wearing ear plugs (only if its legal to do so in your State or country).
post #13 of 472 Old 10-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Banned

I had it for over 16,000km.

Then a car knocked my bike over and I got the front farings and headlight assembly replaced.

It vanished immediately.

And is just starting to return now after another 1000km or so. The length of time it took to develop in the first place.

It isn't a constant. And my guess now is that it is something in the headlight assembly that becomes loose and the whole assembly acts like a speaker.

post #14 of 472 Old 10-04-2011, 12:23 AM

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,315 Posts
A single cylinder that rattles? heaven forbid how on earth could that happen!?

CALL THE LAWYERS.. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!

post #15 of 472 Old 10-04-2011, 02:38 AM

Mine doesn't have a rattle, but my boyfriends does and has since first service.......however when we were cleaning them the other night the bolt holding the belly pan on the left side fell out, we're going to try and put back in tonight so will let you know.

Mine goes in for her 1000km service tomorrow, so will have to see......(small thread hi-jack, does anyone else get a strange surging sound at idle (both cold and warm?)
post #16 of 472 Old 10-04-2011, 10:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
A single cylinder that rattles? heaven forbid how on earth could that happen!?
+1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 472 Old 10-04-2011, 02:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
Put one those M4 half an exhaust pipe on it... that'll fix it.
I tried that and I can still hear the rattle between 4.5K and 5.5K if I'm just putting along in town. Of course I don't hear anything when I've got the throttle pinned, but that doesn't go over too well in the residential areas.

I figure I'll just make sure the dealer does any engine work and since Honda knows about the issue and is "playing ostrich" they will have to replace the engine when it decides to let go. I might also be able to get a class action suit out of the deal.

It's really too bad that a company with such a good reputation is willing to piss it away over something as simple as poor tolerances in the valve train. But then again, they blew it on the initial delivery of the CBR250R and the lack of parts for dealers when the 600 mile service came up. Looks like they have an incompetent executive leading this project and have decided to see how far they can let it go without really doing anything to fix the issues and still turn a profit. When things do go Kablooey! they are going to find themselves hemorrhaging money.

~Drew
post #18 of 472 Old 10-04-2011, 03:40 PM
eil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVOKNIO View Post
It's really too bad that a company with such a good reputation is willing to piss it away over something as simple as poor tolerances in the valve train.
I think it's pretty amazing that a company as large as Honda can design a brand new bike from the ground up with great looks, modern features, at an amazingly low price and the worst problem most of them are seeing is a bit of rattle. (With apparently varying causes.)

Quote:
But then again, they blew it on the initial delivery of the CBR250R and the lack of parts for dealers when the 600 mile service came up.
Again, brand-new bike, brand-new parts. Dealers who hire incompetent mechanics and don't pre-order their stock.

Also, this bike was designed, developed, and manufactured for the Asian market. Selling this bike in the western world was basically an afterthought. I'm not surprised that dealers (in the U.S. especially) seem to be pretty much on their own.

Quote:
Looks like they have an incompetent executive leading this project and have decided to see how far they can let it go without really doing anything to fix the issues and still turn a profit. When things do go Kablooey! they are going to find themselves hemorrhaging money.
Yeah, somehow I don't think one low-end motorcycle model is going to significantly affect the bottom line of a company like Honda if it were doing poorly. Which it isn't.
post #19 of 472 Old 10-04-2011, 04:59 PM

i'm not worried about it honestly

alittle vibration at 5.5. to 6k rpm

Better to Sweat than Bleed.
post #20 of 472 Old 10-04-2011, 07:11 PM

After several hundreds kilometers without lubing the chain and with a very annoying rattle lately, today I have cleaned it with a brush removing the ash from Mount Etna and lubed properly: it's amazing how much the rattle has reduced in the ride from home to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page