Warning: Bitter rant at Honda omitting a center stand option... - Page 7 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 62 Old 05-01-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonder View Post
Dudeman was the plastidip poseur. See the squid TV item.

From a search engine:

The Arrowmax, AKA Arrowstax, Rings of telfon, rings of wood, hey my tractor has tyres like that.

Ok to be just a touch fair, these tyres that come fitted on most bikes are proberly already 10+ years old and whatever oil was in them has long since buggered off down to the pub with its mates, leaving a lonley shell of rubber that has long since degraded into some kind of plastic that has the co-efficent of friction of astro glide. (astromaxs, perhaps?) Though since they offer next to no grip, they never wear out, burnouts have been known to create smoke out of the road rather than damage the tyre.
Even with this legendary hardness which is in the running to knock diamonds off the top stop on the Rockwell list. There have been reports of people getting their knee down on these tyres which in itself is impressive, but also been able to get it back up while still moving and not ending upside down in a ditch on fire.
Well the stamp on the tires I ordered and received made them one year old, not 10+, I would have refused fitting them and demanded my money back. I lived at the time in a small village in Thailand and the local shop owner who spoke a bit of English couldn't get anything better. I thought they looked okay for the price and agreed to order them after googling and reading lots of good comments about them. But I agree that they offered no grip and didn't wear out, they looked like new after 10K km. Won't buy them again!
Which tires would you recommend for the CBR250?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 Old 05-01-2013, 12:01 PM

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump View Post
Well the stamp on the tires I ordered and received made them one year old, not 10+, I would have refused fitting them and demanded my money back. I lived at the time in a small village in Thailand and the local shop owner who spoke a bit of English couldn't get anything better. I thought they looked okay for the price and agreed to order them after googling and reading lots of good comments about them. But I agree that they offered no grip and didn't wear out, they looked like new after 10K km. Won't buy them again!
Which tires would you recommend for the CBR250?
jsonder said it so well ,
Arrowstacks are the reason every awesome Aussie teenage rider on their first bike , ('grey' Imported cbr250rr and 400's etc) became not so awesome at the first corner.
those that didn't change them still have them 10 yrs later as the never wear out.
They are like Shinko's... but last longer and even worse for grip.

Motorcycling Australia (in their stupidity) made them the 'control tyre' for a new production racing class in 2012 and riders dropped like bowling pins.. riders protested and thankfully we run Diablo rossos now.

You sound like you want a half decent but long wearing tyre so try IRC roadwinners or Pirelli Sport Demon, or Bridgestone BT045.

Sent from my mobile phone while driving, waiting for a vigilante Motovlogger to star in his own train wreck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page