One big mess - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 07-08-2015, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

One big mess

I have been a member here for a while but right after I joined my bike was stollen. I still owe 2500$ on the bike So it was recovered and I rode drove from Arizona to Arkansas to get it , and made it fit in the trunk of a Chevy cavelier.. they cut the ignition , decided to do some painting . So here I am trying to undo their messups . so I re solders and heat shrunk the ignition. The broke it so a screwdriver will turn it .

The battery was disconnected .

And I think I'm missing a little relay or something important that goes in a black rubber sleave in the front end .

So the bike has no power at all , when I got it back before I rewired the ignition I used a screw driver and a jumper cable to jump the soldenoid on the starter to crank the motor and the dash lit up now I don't even get that . I replaced the 30 amp main fuse because it was blown and still nothing .

Now what is this piece missing from the six prong plug with a rubeer protector
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-08-2015, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Here's a picture of the plug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150707_223417777_1436370469679.jpg (33.0 KB, 33 views)
post #3 of 12 Old 07-08-2015, 04:33 PM

Garage
Does your state not require Comprehensive Coverage on vehicles with a loan? Or did you not have insurance at all?

I know in CA if you finance a vehicle you gotta have Comp and Collision insurance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arrethul For This Useful Post:
don'tpanic (07-08-2015)

post #4 of 12 Old 07-08-2015, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

They do require comprehensive , it was November so I usually just parked it in my living room but I was drinking and was too tired to put it back in and that's what I got , I moved out of state and two weeks later it was found 100 miles from my house . I wish I had insurance my dad co signed the bike.. I had to pay 800 just to get it out of Faulkner county impound .. Now it's safe in my apartment , when I get home today I'm really going to tackle it and try to get it fixed .. It only has 2000 miles on it . I bought it brand new.
post #5 of 12 Old 07-08-2015, 09:16 PM

In my State, the lender requires you to have full coverage insurance for the term of the loan. They don't care if it is winter.

(no affilliation)
post #6 of 12 Old 07-09-2015, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Well I got the bike running with. Toggle and quick disconnect 9 v battery. Saving up to just pay the stealership to replace the ignition, for now I will just ride it until I have the 500$ it looks like a hassle to replace .
post #7 of 12 Old 07-09-2015, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

And I had no insurance at all lol , when I grew up we never had to . Washington state doesn't require it. Or t least didn't when I lived there. So when I was in Arkansas I was used to not having it
post #8 of 12 Old 07-09-2015, 04:52 PM

No insurance at all. Yeah, that would make me laugh, too...

(no affilliation)
post #9 of 12 Old 07-09-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imilatz View Post
They do require comprehensive.
Yes, it's not a state requirement, it's a lender requirement, from all lenders that use the bike as collateral. If you had the comprehensive insurance, it would have covered the theft. Sounds like you had no insurance at all.

Most states require liability insurance (not all), which covers damage you do to others.

-Eric
Current stable: '72 GT750, '74 GT750x2, '75 GT750, '82 MB-5, '85 CMX250CD, '12 CBR250R, '14 Spyder RT-S
post #10 of 12 Old 07-09-2015, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Well I wish I had insurance but its too late now . The bike is running again . needs some cosmetic worm still but hey I missed my baby !

Last edited by imilatz; 07-09-2015 at 05:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page