Turn Signal mirrors.. HELP - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 03-30-2016, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Turn Signal mirrors.. HELP

I Purchased a set of mirrors with turn signals on the front face and arrows behind the mirror glass, So the install went well, wiring went well, But the great thing about the cbr250r is the front turn signals are always on.... and indicate when needed. This is great for the front of the mirror s, but the Arrows in the mirrors glass is always light for me to see, and get brighter and signal when indicating. Any solutions to having the mirrors only come on ONLY when indicating?

I Noticed the backs do not light up until indicating.. should i be running sets of wires to the rear turn signals or is there a better way?

U READY TO RIDE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-31-2016, 11:43 AM

when you say cbr250r? what year? and is it abs or non abs? and is the an MC41 or other? as i will be able to help you alot more with those answered
post #3 of 16 Old 03-31-2016, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

I thought we all rode the same bike??? lol Kidding, my bad guys, 2013 cbr250r non abs,

post #4 of 16 Old 04-01-2016, 07:07 AM

thanks for that ill have a look and get back to you soon
post #5 of 16 Old 04-01-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCob View Post
..I Noticed the backs do not light up until indicating.. should i be running sets of wires to the rear turn signals or is there a better way?
I think that is a good idea. You could easily run some test wires back there (without all the effort of routing the wires through the bike) to try it out.

Actually you might be able to find & tap into those wires up front somewhere. But for an easy test I would just run long wires from one of your mirrors to one of the rear indicators and try it.
post #6 of 16 Old 04-01-2016, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Great idea zirconx, I know it will work, from the rear blinkers, but I do believe i can tap into them under the seat rather then going to the tail of the bike. Ill be looking into it tomorrow, Seems like the easiest option is to run new wires, Super simple anyways, Any other ideas or solutions will be much appreciated before i tackle this fun little project tomorrow.

Thanks guys!
post #7 of 16 Old 04-01-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCob View Post
Great idea zirconx, I know it will work, from the rear blinkers, but I do believe i can tap into them under the seat rather then going to the tail of the bike.
ive split the wires into two parts under seat and rear tail wiring

all wires listed are under seat:
plain orange and the plain blue wire is the left and right turn signal wires

you will also have a single brown wire this is +
a plain green wire is -

the brake light wires are the 2x green wires. one is plain green other is green with yellow stripe. both of those are in a 2x1 pinbox

the rubber rain coat clovers those this will also have the red junction box for resetting code for the ECM

from the rear tail of bike the wires are as follows

Right / left turn signal:
blue + green - for the right turn globe
the green splits from the right globe and earths the left turn globe the orange is+

Brake / Tail light:
the green wire for the brake light also splits off the right turn globe being ground - the positive brown and the ground for the tail light is green with yellow strip

Licence light:
the brown + splits from brake light the ground is green -

ill load photos and a wire diagram when i have more time later today

Last edited by Disastr; 04-01-2016 at 09:24 PM.
post #8 of 16 Old 04-01-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirconx View Post
I think that is a good idea. You could easily run some test wires back there (without all the effort of routing the wires through the bike) to try it out.

Actually you might be able to find & tap into those wires up front somewhere. But for an easy test I would just run long wires from one of your mirrors to one of the rear indicators and try it.
Too bad, using your rear signals for source, you would lose the running lights on the front. The fronts are on all the time for a reason, conspicuity. There is a slight chance that someone turning left in front of you might see you with additional lights up front.

A better idea would be to drop some (probably not so) sophisticated electronics inside the mirrors to separate the forward facing lights and the rearward.

You don't want to know my personal opinion of this modification...
post #9 of 16 Old 04-01-2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don'tpanic View Post
Too bad, using your rear signals for source, you would lose the running lights on the front. The fronts are on all the time for a reason
you make a very good point there..

the other option is open up the mirrors and cut the forward facing wires from inside the mirror case and run those to your bikes turning signal dash wires so it will show there not on the mirrors.
or if the dash lights still work as normal just terminate the forward facing wires or pull the globe if you can
post #10 of 16 Old 04-01-2016, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

I Still have my Stock signals on the front, and added mirror signals as an extra, so my front lights are still always on.. but the mirrors dont need to be on all the time, i am not changing the bikes workings only adding to it..
don'tpanic likes this.

U READY TO RIDE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page