Problem with the ignition system I think - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-27-2018, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Problem with the ignition system I think

I think I have a problem in my ignition system.
Got a video below showing it's inability to start up.

Initially, this happened so I left it at work. Pulled off the spark plug cap to check the plug, realized my socket wrench was too big so put the cap back on and tried starting it for the hell of it. It started. The next day I put in a brand new OEM spark plug because I already had it ordered.
Two days later, the same issue as in the video returns.
So today I put in a new fuel pump, not OEM (KEMSO brand).
After changing the fuel pump it still would not turn over, so I tried spraying starter fluid in the air-box.
This brought the engine to start but die with seconds, tried this a few times, now it won't even crank.

Now, when I turn the key to on, I get no noise from from the fuel pump. The only noise made is the tachometer hand spin up and return to 0.

Additional notes:
After changing the fuel pump, tank was drained and filled with fresh gas.
Fuel pump I put it today:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/KEMSO-High-...RZPiCp&vxp=mtr
(Only put in the fuel pump, wasn't sure what to do with all the mesh filters since the stock pump had nothing of the sort attached anywhere)

Considering replacing the fuel filter and fuel feed hose next. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, mine is a 2012. Don't think that matters too much here, 2011-2013 is pretty much all the same bike isn't it?

Last edited by TheKyngxar; 01-27-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-27-2018, 07:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to octane_fx
Try this its the holy grail and it should get you where you want , i am also in middle of the same issue , i have replaced a new plug , my fuel pump is excellent and no issues with injector as its squirting fuel ,
i will be doing a pin to pin test to see if there is any short circuit , it will take time for me to figure things , but i am sure this manul will give enough to rip and fix this back ,

lemme know if it helped

{deleted by moderator; there ARE copyright issues involved here}

i tested the above link and it works ,the file is huge 140 MB ,

2011 Honda CBR250R (ABS)
2016 Aprillia SR155
2002 FIAT Palio 1.6 GTX 100-16V DOHC

Last edited by jsonder; 01-27-2018 at 11:33 AM.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-27-2018, 02:35 PM

Can you plug in the original pump and see if it spins? I wouldn't say it's necessarily a pump problem. If the original pump spins I'd put it back in.

Check the fuses. I don't always trust an non-OEM part to work properly.

Check the battery voltage - it sounds like it's cranking a bit weak. It should be 12.7V or more.

Open the throttle slightly as you are cranking if it doesn't fire right up. If it sputters on Staring Fluid it tells you it's a fuel problem of some type.

post #4 of 6 Old 01-27-2018, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

@octane_fx, Please let me know if you get yours running. I just saw your thread today.
I think it could be the injector for me, based on it "starting" with the starter fluid but only running long enough to burn that. So maybe the injector is faulty.
I'm not sure, I'm certainly not a well experienced mechanic.

@jkv357, The battery is good, I checked the five fuse fuse box and had no issues, didn't check the main fuse or pump relay because I forgot where they were at the time.
Rolling the throttle does me no good during test starts. My bike is around 32k miles so maybe it's just time to start replacing things. The original motor was replaced around 24k.
Not sure if I'll have it towed home to keep fiddlin on my own, or have it towed to the shop that replaced the motor about two years ago when the original motor seized.
Really entertaining the idea of buying a moped since I live rather close to work, and just replacing bit by bit on the 250R.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-27-2018, 06:03 PM

Please give me your email address I will email.u the trouble shooting manual it has all the details to.fix any issue ,am at work now but will work on bike as.soon as I get home.,my bike has spark ,has fuel and the fuel injector is working ,I removed all connections and reconnected it ,I will be probing all connections in few days and find out if anyone is short or broken any where

2011 Honda CBR250R (ABS)
2016 Aprillia SR155
post #6 of 6 Old 01-27-2018, 07:12 PM

downloadable link was sent to your email address @ TheKyngxar,

please let us know if it helped ,
peace

2011 Honda CBR250R (ABS)
2016 Aprillia SR155
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page