Sitting for two years and won’t start - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 11-27-2018, 08:00 PM

Did you ever get the bike to run? I'm a frequent DIY'er and would be inclined to take it to a mechanic at some point to end the misery. Ha. Keep us posted. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 12-28-2018, 05:45 AM

I'd suggest you starter fluid at the intake after removing the air filter. Before that, I'd recommend you to get it towed it to your nearest dealer and get that goop cleaned all professionally. Goop can easily clog injectors, the inline fuel filter, and the plumbing that leads to all of these from the fuel tank itself.

I'd recommend you to replace your inline fuel filter, your air filter, clean them injectors, fuel tank and fuel feed pipes and she should come back to life. She's one motor that's hard to kill.

Keep your observations posted.

Cheers!
VJ

Fool me once - Shame on you!
Fool me twice - I'll kick your a**e

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KTM DUKE 390| CBR250R ABS| Suzuki Shogun 2 Stroke|
post #13 of 13 Old 05-14-2019, 05:53 AM

Your issue is abit problematic. Probably decomposed gasoline , oil ect damaged several parts of your bike such as pumps sensors ect . so you will require to do a deep clean trough checks and replace damaged parts. Plastic parts get eaten by decomposed gasoline over time which requires replacement. metal parts generally get gunked and can be cleaned .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page