User Tag List

5Likes
  • 1 Post By CBR Blaize
  • 1 Post By Keith
  • 3 Post By jkv357

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-13-2019, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Brake Problem

I have cbr250r non ABS bike is awesome but break system is so poor . My major problem is my rear break . My rear break power is very low break is not working plz help me . what will I want to do ????.... . I need a proper solution for my problem plz help me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-13-2019, 11:54 PM

Garage
The first thing to check is the pads. You should be able to look at the them and see how much actual pad material is left. If there is only backing plate is left then its time for some new pads.

If its not the pads its possible that some air got into the system. Its possible that the reservoir no longer has fluid to supply. Check the the level in the rear reservoir to see how low it is or if there is even fluid left.

I would do some research on how brake systems work so you can get a better understanding of what is there when you look at.
Thomas M. Daley likes this.

2012 CBR250R Black
Mods:
Racetech springs and emulators, Yamaha R6 shock, Yoshi Rearset Risers, Babyface GP Shift adapter, EBC HH Sintered Front and Rear Brake Pads, CBR600RR pegs, Mirror delete with CBR600RR block offs, Ebay Bar-end mirror, Red LED dash, The2Wheels levers, Homemade Fender Eliminator, LED Blinkers, Tank pads and grips, CBR300R seat, Spider Peak red Grips, Vortex Clip ons, DFC, Delkevic 14' Slip on, Spiegler Braided Front Brake Line,Black Rims
Soon to be mods:
Big Bore?
post #3 of 7 Old 02-14-2019, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Break pad is in good condition and break fluid is full . Then no air lock in break system . But also problem is continuing what will is do . Or normally break power is low for all bikes ????....

post #4 of 7 Old 02-14-2019, 05:46 AM

Garage
It may be possible that the pads and disc could have picked up a bit of overspray of chain lube. If that has happened then new pads and thorough cleaning of the disc will help. Some cleaning chemicals or polishes can also contaminate brakes.

Even if the pads are not worn out it may be beneficial to change them if they are a few years old.

I have always thought my rear brake is less powerful than many other bikes I have owned. Maybe it is made weak deliberately by Honda so that new riders will be less likely to lock the rear wheel?
MotoMike likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-14-2019, 09:34 AM

I'd bleed the system anyway.

You could pull it apart and check the condition of the pads, or replace them with something better, and de-glaze the rotors. It's possible, if you use it a lot, that the rotor and pads are glazed. Clean the caliper and lube the sliding pins.

Video | How to change motorcycle brake pads | CanyonChasers

Check the adjustment to make sure there isn't too much travel required.

If you find yourself using the rear brake aggressively, I would start working on using the front more. That's the one that does the job when you really need it.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-17-2019, 11:57 AM

For me, it's like there's no rear break!
post #7 of 7 Old 02-18-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvobas View Post
For me, it's like there's no rear break!
While I don't use the rear brake for much, I do want it to work.

Last season mine completely stopped working (on my SV), and after some bleeding came back and worked fine the rest of the year - but I will check it again before heading out this season.

I would do the checks recommended in the posts above. You want it to be fully functional even if you don't rely on it most of the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page