Comments About Chronic Crank issue - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 2 Post By MotoMike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-14-2019, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

Comments About Chronic Crank issue

Hello guyz !

I would like to ask for your experiences comments and opinions about Chronic Crank issue.

In the country where i am living which is Turkey , many people whining about that Honda Cbr 250r has chronic crank issue that it locks and such. I have looked forums of many other countries checked some sites and varios sites ı have so far not seen many issues about crank .

As far as engineer i checked that the issue with cbr 250r on crank is that when the crank shaft is not lubricated enough it builds up heat and that leads to crank issues. Lubrication issue occurs by the means of pump failure or particle clogging. Also when wheeliee is performed with cbr 250r the oil at crank gets displaced engine revs up high rpms and causes improper lubrication and heat buildup causes the crank to wear .

This crank issue is common in my country and i belive that it is not an issue of engineering failure but misuse behaviour of my countrymen. I have checked you tube forums of different countries but so far i have not heard a "chronic crank" issue.

As result i would like to ask your experiences or what you have heard or experienced around about honda cbr 250r in malfunction of crank .

Thank you very much for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-14-2019, 08:39 AM

Not something that is very common with the CBRs in the U.S. from what I've seen and heard.

CBRs are produced in a couple different locations depending on their destination, and it's possible one of the locations may have issues the other doesn't.

One important thing that often gets overlooked with the CBR is oil. Because of the limited oil capacity, it needs to be checked often and replaced more often than the manual suggests (IMO).

Using a poor quality oil, the wrong oil, or running the oil too long could be a factor in some of the instances of crank failure.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-14-2019, 09:05 AM

Haven't heard of that issue here. I believe all export CBRs are made in the Thailand plant so they should all be more or less identical (I might be wrong about that though).

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-14-2019, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Haven't heard of that issue here. I believe all export CBRs are made in the Thailand plant so they should all be more or less identical (I might be wrong about that though).
For some markets, mostly Asian & Middle Eastern countries, CBR250R's were built in India (which is of course is a huge small bike market all by itself).

Aside from the Country of Origin being stated on the VIN number plate, another way to identify where a CBR250R was built is by the make of the brake calipers... Thailand bikes are fitted with Nissen calipers, whereas India built CBR250R's have Bybre calipers.
jkv357 and Schroeder like this.

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician

Last edited by MotoMike; 05-14-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page