Heating issue - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 06-06-2019, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

Heating issue

Hello everyone !!! My cbr is heating up too fast. Previously when i start riding the bike in the morning it would take 2-3 kms to get the first point on the temperature gauge. But now after letting the bike idle for just over 30 sec and riding the bike for 1km 3 points will be coming up. Is this normal? I have also flushed the coolant and filled new motul coolant.
Is this normal? Or anything is broken? I am worried. First there was problem with the clutch bell. And now this new problem. I am fed up of this bike. Getting new problems day by day. It was gem of a bike before the clutch bell problem. ( even now its not fully solved. Gears dont engage. I am feeling there is too much play between the dogs that allow the gears to engage and that is making the tak sound) sorry for going off topic.

Can someone please tell me how solve the heating issue ???
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-06-2019, 03:47 AM

Idling shouldn't warm up your bike in 30sec. The temperature gauge indicates coolant temperature and there is just no way the CBR could heat that all up in just a few seconds. Maybe the sensor is broken.

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 06-06-2019, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Idling shouldn't warm up your bike in 30sec. The temperature gauge indicates coolant temperature and there is just no way the CBR could heat that all up in just a few seconds. Maybe the sensor is broken.
Yes i am also feeling the same. Because previously it was taking 3-4 kms to get up to 3 points on the temp gauge. Or is there any problem like the coolant is not flowing through the temperature sensor?

My question is if the sensor is broken it should not show any readings at all right ??

post #4 of 9 Old 06-06-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivan View Post
Hello everyone !!! My cbr is heating up too fast. Previously when i start riding the bike in the morning it would take 2-3 kms to get the first point on the temperature gauge. But now after letting the bike idle for just over 30 sec and riding the bike for 1km 3 points will be coming up. Is this normal? I have also flushed the coolant and filled new motul coolant.
Is this normal? Or anything is broken? I am worried. First there was problem with the clutch bell. And now this new problem. I am fed up of this bike. Getting new problems day by day. It was gem of a bike before the clutch bell problem. ( even now its not fully solved. Gears dont engage. I am feeling there is too much play between the dogs that allow the gears to engage and that is making the tak sound) sorry for going off topic.

Thanks in advance.
Did this just start after the coolant change?

If so, I would say you may have an air pocket in the system. Take off the cap (cold engine) and check the level. If it's up, put the cap back on and tip the bike as far left and right as possible. Remove the cap again and check the level. Check the service manual for an "air bleed" in the system - some engines have them.

Make sure the overflow bottle is up to the right level, and watch for a "burp" and drop in the level.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-07-2019, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv357 View Post
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Did this just start after the coolant change?

If so, I would say you may have an air pocket in the system. Take off the cap (cold engine) and check the level. If it's up, put the cap back on and tip the bike as far left and right as possible. Remove the cap again and check the level. Check the service manual for an "air bleed" in the system - some engines have them.

Make sure the overflow bottle is up to the right level, and watch for a "burp" and drop in the level.
No actually i had noticed this before the coolant change. That is why i went for coolant change. As you said i laid the bike to far left and checked for the coolant level. It remains the same. I guess the coolant line up and running, because the coolant lines are getting hot once the engine starts running. But with in 30sec or so the first bar comes on . And with in 1-1.5 min it will be showing 3 bars. But doesn’t go beyond this. I also checked the fan and its working once it reaches the trigger temperature. Not sure what is wrong...
can someone tell me what exactly is happening? Because previously it would take somewhere around 3 or 4 kms to attain 3 bars on temp gauge.
post #6 of 9 Old 06-07-2019, 11:09 AM

The temp sending unit may be bad and need to be replaced.

If the fan is operating normally, and not running immediately or constantly, the incorrect dash readout may be the only problem.

If the engine were running overly hot, and the fan is working, it would be running.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-12-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
It is not a heating issue. 3 bars lit is how it is suppose to be.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-12-2019, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Yes i agree . From past 2 yrs it is working under or on 3 bars. But is was taking longer time to get to the operating temperature. But now within 30sec the first bar shows up . And this seems bit unusual to me.. and i am worried that the coolant line or the radiator is clogged up and giving the issue. Please someone tell me if i can leave with it should i look in for a solution.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-12-2019, 10:32 AM

Locate the temp sending unit in the cooling system and check the cost for a replacement.

That might be the first and least expensive step.

If the coolant level in the radiator is not dropping (removing the cap and confirming full when cold) and the cooling fan is not running (you said you confirmed it works) during normal operation I don't feel there is a mechanical issue that could cause damage.

Sending units go bad.

That's my guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page