CBR250R Rattle Mystery solved !? - Page 4 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 Old 03-09-2014, 05:48 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to OzHonda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross350 View Post
I removed my Bank angle sensor to test this and it is actually a lot better.
once you remove it, put the base in a vice and pull the top off on an angle,
then plug the top part back in and tape it up to protect the inside.
you will get a flashing engine light without the sensor plugged in.
You can just jump the two outer wires with the sensor removed and check engine light will be off. :-)

However, I just sit @ 6k cruising and no rattle. ;-)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current: 2003 CBR600RR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sold:

Ride carefully - You are invisible.

Mods:

Feb, 2014 Photo of the month winner
The Following User Says Thank You to OzHonda For This Useful Post:
ross350 (03-10-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 03-10-2014, 05:11 AM

Actually,
I take it back, this doesn't fix the sound...
it may reduce some sound but that 5-6k rattle is still there.
post #33 of 34 Old 05-10-2014, 11:59 PM

when i was switching the OEM windscreen for a double bubble and had major difficulty taking the connecting wiring to the bank angle senor I wiggled the green wire off, i was stressed until i read what that actually does. Will it effect bike during normal riding, like will the bike cut off for any reason or will any engine light warning pop up if i don't reconnect the green wire?

post #34 of 34 Old 05-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Banned

I just spray a bit of WD-40 (with the long plastic nozzle) into and along where all farings meet.

Much less vibey/buzzing/rattley sounds when riding.

All it is is the vibes from the single-cyl engine at certain RPMs causing the fairings to vibe off each other at 5000 times a minute. Those farings are of course like a amplifier.

Taking them all off (all 17,000 pieces of them, or however many there are) and putting some silicon along all the joining parts before putting them all back on will likely lead to a much quieter, less buzzy/grindy/rattley ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page