Unforced Stalling - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 64 Old 07-22-2011, 01:33 AM

I have had the same problem. Stalling while downshifting and braking. Happens once in a while and usually within a few minutes of starting the bike. I have had it stall shifting from 6th gear down and from 2nd gear down. I have even had it stall only braking and not changing gears. Thought it was user error at first, but it still does it and I have over 2,000 miles on the bike. Brought it up at the 600 mile service and the shop tested everything including idle RPM and said everything was fine.

Are other people dealing with random stalls? I have gotten uslet to easing out the clutch and giving a little gas to crank her back up without stopping the bike but that is a pain in the ass. I hate monitoring my RPMs when slowing down each time to monitor for a stall.

Last edited by Dustin; 07-22-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 64 Old 07-22-2011, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
Are other people dealing with random stalls?
It does not happen when you do engine braking on every gear when downshifting and slowing down, in other words now I never ride with engaged clutch even when braking. Once i got used to do it - stalls never happen anymore. So maybe for me it was not exactly because after ~200 miles bike become better, but rather my skills become better.
post #13 of 64 Old 07-22-2011, 07:15 AM

decel fuel shut off

It sounds like something to do with the decel fuel shut off. Any time there is engine braking with a closed throrttle and above a certain rpm, the computer sets the injection duration to zero to save gas until the revs come down to a certain threshold and idle speed is resumed. Apparently, sometimes it is not comming in soon enough to prevent a stall. I generally don't blip the throttle to use engine braking in first as it is dangerous if the rear tire skids so this has never happended to me. But this is something Honda needs to be told about so they can possibly re write the programming in the computer in future production to keep this from happening. In the meanwhile I would recommend not using engine braking in first.

post #14 of 64 Old 07-22-2011, 10:42 AM

Garage
mine stalls once or twice after startup, but have never had it stall while riding, only on initial warm up during the injection...warm up.
post #15 of 64 Old 07-22-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
In the meanwhile I would recommend not using engine braking in first.
That's totally oppose to my experience. If I use a lot of engine braking - no stalls at all. When I was braking with brakes only, clutch in, releasing throttle at the same time - that's how it was stalling .
post #16 of 64 Old 07-22-2011, 08:09 PM

Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4i1 View Post
That's totally oppose to my experience. If I use a lot of engine braking - no stalls at all. When I was braking with brakes only, clutch in, releasing throttle at the same time - that's how it was stalling .
My bike has never stalled with only clutch in braking. In fact I do a lot of clutch in coasting in town and on the highway as part of my hypermiling riding style with never a stall.
post #17 of 64 Old 07-23-2011, 10:48 PM

Except for that one time..mine hasnt stalled again...i usually coast to a stop with the clutch in the last 15mph to stop....i have 450 miles on mine now...had under about 200 when it stalled..maybe there is something to that theory
post #18 of 64 Old 11-19-2011, 10:19 AM

I've had the same thing or same situations alot of people talk about on this thread happen to me. In the first 500 miles I've had it (the turning off of the engine) happen about 25 times.

Read my thread and watch the video tell me if this is what you experienced?

https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-p...nshifting.html
post #19 of 64 Old 04-14-2012, 02:09 AM

I stalled mine 3 times today while holding the clutch all the way in and down shifting. This is bs and shouldn't be happening. It only happens in the warm up period, actually I can reproduce this every time in the first 5 minutes of riding. I've gotten used to just pressing the starter button when down shifting. Honda better get their act together and do a recall and make the injection keep it at a higher rpm.
post #20 of 64 Old 04-14-2012, 02:09 AM

I am guessing it just doesn't like the cold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page