Knocked over while parked - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-02-2019, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Knocked over while parked

While I was at a doctor's appointment today, somebody knocked my bike over in the parking lot. It was in 1st gear with a disc lock on the front.

I'm pretty sure they hit the bike with a car in order to knock it over like that, and there is some superficial damage to the exhaust cover and peg. I didn't spot any obvious more serious damage, but I don't think I'm really qualified to say for sure. Any suggestions on things I should check to make sure there isn't any damage I didn't spot?

As an aside, the business the bike was in front of got the license plate, and the whole thing is on security camera. I will be taking it to the police. I have absolutely zero tolerance for people who damage parked vehicles and don't leave their information.

Every bike is a good bike. The question is whether or not it's the best bike for what you want to do.

The Little Sport Tourer That Could - 2011 CBR250R with touring windscreen, Saddlemen seat, tank cover, frame sliders, mirror extenders, taller gearing via sprockets to fix speedo and reduce vibration at highway speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-03-2019, 12:05 PM

Sorry to hear that.
The guy sure wasn't very smart to knock the bike over in front of a shop and hoping to get away with it.

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-11-2019, 09:48 AM

Im really sorry to hear that this happened to your bike. What I learned the hard way is I have to be really careful about how close I park my bike to the lines because the car drivers are such idiots. Often times I will park on the sidewalk or some space off to the side, I rarely park in the normal parking stalls.

There are even vandals that will tip over your bike. I am very careful when around drunks because they are the main ones that do that stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page