The CBR250R Gas Mileage Thread - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 689 Old 05-02-2011, 07:30 PM

dammit i havent filled up yet, i know there are zero stations around me that dont use ethanol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 689 Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharm4life View Post
dammit i havent filled up yet, i know there are zero stations around me that dont use ethanol

I don't see it being an issue with this engine, it's modern, it's not a little snowblower engine. I don't think Honda would put out an engine that would run on fuel that's very hard to find in a large section of the U.S.
post #23 of 689 Old 05-02-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharm4life View Post

Your owners manual may specify the maximum percentage of ethanol..probably 15 % for use in the engine. Its bad stuff because it can cause corrosion..deteriate seals and gasketing , delivers less power and goes bad sooner if left in the tank very long..and then we pay extra for it because of added refining effort...you can thank our Federal government.

post #24 of 689 Old 05-02-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorguy View Post
Your owners manual may specify the maximum percentage of ethanol..probably 15 % for use in the engine. Its bad stuff because it can cause corrosion..deteriate seals and gasketing , delivers less power and goes bad sooner if left in the tank very long..and then we pay extra for it because of added refining effort...you can thank our Federal government.
Fuel systems can be built to run on ethanol without damage, as they do in Brazil.. If higher ethanol content fuel ever becomes available here the retrofit business will be booming...

One reason to use more ethanol is so that we don't have to die in mideastern wars protecting 'our' share of the oil... that's the reasoning anyway (not necessarily mine)..
post #25 of 689 Old 05-03-2011, 03:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by furious_blue View Post
Fuel systems can be built to run on ethanol without damage, as they do in Brazil.. If higher ethanol content fuel ever becomes available here the retrofit business will be booming...

One reason to use more ethanol is so that we don't have to die in mideastern wars protecting 'our' share of the oil... that's the reasoning anyway (not necessarily mine)..
Nobody would be die'n if our stupid gov would just let drilling take place in this country to tap the massive reservoirs under our own land.
post #26 of 689 Old 05-03-2011, 06:12 PM

Ethanol make gas cheaper actually. Yes, it costs more to refine but thanks to tax breaks it ends up being cheaper at the pump.
post #27 of 689 Old 05-03-2011, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

second tank

second tank gives 68.5. Post Yours.
cherry pie (Honda CBR250R) | Fuelly
post #28 of 689 Old 05-03-2011, 09:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iryxian View Post
Ethanol make gas cheaper actually. Yes, it costs more to refine but thanks to tax breaks it ends up being cheaper at the pump.
Tax breaks to make ethanol in fuel cheaper means WE pay for it. Get smart.
post #29 of 689 Old 05-03-2011, 11:27 PM

Garage
I am not convinced by ethanol, though have not studied the arguments fully, so have to say I am agnostic. Here in Thailand it was supposed to be a great thing for the farmers (growing cassava as a raw material) and the country, but it has probably benefitted only a few big shots. That tends to be the norm in these parts.

My old motorcycle has to use gasoline. Some monkey pumped gasohol into it a few years ago, when it was new on the market. I said that I had asked for gasoline, but was told that it would be alright. Sure the bike ran ok, but it was not good for the fuel system. Before long rubber hoses needed replacing and the carb needed stripping and servicing. Lesson learned.

Shell service stations in Thailand sell only gasohol. Others still offer 91 octane gasoline, but it is the most expensive option by about 12%. Some of the difference is negated by gasoline giving about 4 - 5% better mpg than gasohol.

All the current line up of bikes manufactured by Honda in Thailand are gasohol compatible.

there are old motorcyclists and bold motorcyclists,
but you seldom meet an old bold motorcyclist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #30 of 689 Old 05-03-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutter View Post
Tax breaks to make ethanol in fuel cheaper means WE pay for it. Get smart.
Well, all I know is gas is usualy cheaper here than in the "non farm" states in the country, whether that's because we make the ethanol or not I guess I don't know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page