Pricing Feedback: CBR250R ABS - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 03-29-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrlocal View Post
... Insurance won't care who was riding it; that person is not on your policy, so if an accident happens when they're operating it, they will not pay, even with full coverage.
Maybe motorcycle policies are different, but I know for other vehicles (i.e. my car) I don't have to have people listed on the policy to be covered. I can let my neighbor use my car and the car will be covered.

From https://www.esurance.com/info/car/my...ws-the-driver:
Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, in case of an accident, car insurance follows the car — not the driver
From http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/...shes-car.html:
Quote:
Your auto insurance policy insures your vehicle plus you, any relative or anyone else who uses your car, if the use reasonably is believed to be with your consent.
Here's a motorcycle specific one: http://www.rider.com/motorcycle-insurance-faq.html
Quote:
If I let friends ride my motorcycle, are they covered if they cause an accident?

Yes, the operator is covered for liability as long as the operator of the motorcycle is properly licensed and has your permission to operate the motorcycle
That one doesn't mention coverage of the motorcycle itself, perhaps there is some ambiguity there on whether the theoretical policy holder has full coverage or not.

The only way to know for sure would be to read your policy carefully or ask your insurance company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 03-29-2016, 11:49 AM

also... please nobody post their bike for this high: 2012 Honda CBR 250R

...that's just not how it works...smh
and no, they are NOT going for that much at the dealership! the craigslist poster needs a reality check, badly...

2012 CBR250R Naked Orange
post #13 of 19 Old 03-29-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeev View Post

and no, they are NOT going for that much at the dealership! the craigslist poster needs a reality check, badly...
Ouch....o_O

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 19 Old 03-29-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirconx View Post
Maybe motorcycle policies are different, but I know for other vehicles (i.e. my car) I don't have to have people listed on the policy to be covered. I can let my neighbor use my car and the car will be covered.

From https://www.esurance.com/info/car/my...ws-the-driver:

From http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/...shes-car.html:

Here's a motorcycle specific one: Motorcycle Insurance FAQ

That one doesn't mention coverage of the motorcycle itself, perhaps there is some ambiguity there on whether the theoretical policy holder has full coverage or not.

The only way to know for sure would be to read your policy carefully or ask your insurance company.
It definitely depends on the policy/company. Insurance always follows the vehicle, but I do know that if I do not add the licensed driver to my policy that I let drive it, I'm covered for liability, but not property damage/collision/comp. Insurance companies can be quite the devilish deviants when they want to be.

And that Craigslist dude is smoking crack. Only way that's going to sell is if he finds someone as dumb as he/she appears to be.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
post #15 of 19 Old 03-29-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeev View Post

How the hell does someone owe $4,000 on a 4 year old 250?!

Ok, I did the calculation. 96 month finance at 25.9% interest. That or he rolled over one negative equity loan into another. Or overpaid for a used 250 himself. Either way...
post #16 of 19 Old 03-29-2016, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
mbr

Garage
Listing has been updated with some new slick-looking photos (color enhanced), courtesy of my brother. If I don't sell the bike, these will eventually make their way into my gallery.

Also just checked, bike is actually at 8,750 miles, so not quite 9k

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the Lord. [Proverbs 21:31]
post #17 of 19 Old 03-30-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr View Post
Interesting proposition

Hmm, let's see:
  • $50 - A BIG thank you
  • $100 - An AWESOME thank you
  • $200 - Your name (or handle) printed on a decal sticker and stuck to my bike
  • "$500 or more" - Remove this listing from Craigslist (1 remaining) + your name sticker

I have it currently priced at $2,600 firm to move it quicker than at $2,900. I figure I could buy another one later down the road (no pun intended), but this house, not so much. It's a win-win because either we end up with enough for a down payment, else I get to keep the bike.

If you guys are actually serious about this and not just pulling my leg, I'll consider taking down the listing today and give it a chance
I was half serious bro But i could chuck a few bucks your way if some fund was set up. Just wanted to cheer you up & give you a grin

Take care & ride safe.

2012 Honda CBR 250RAb, Sold.
2013 CBR 600RR, Sold.
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650R, Road. (wife's)
2015 Kawasaki Z300, Road. (wife's)
2014 BMW S1000RR HP4, Road / Flying Machine. (Traded in the wife for it)
post #18 of 19 Old 03-30-2016, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
mbr

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeinc View Post
I was half serious bro But i could chuck a few bucks your way if some fund was set up. Just wanted to cheer you up & give you a grin
Hehe
tartan_warrior likes this.

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the Lord. [Proverbs 21:31]
post #19 of 19 Old 04-03-2016, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
mbr

Garage
Nevermind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeinc View Post
Well, I took down the posting. People keep asking "how's the house thing going" (because it's taking a while now) and I feel obligated to come up with some way to say, "oh, fine I guess - doing what we can and trying to be patient " without making it sound like sop :P Adding the whole "trying to sell my bike to come up with the rest of what we need" seemed to just make it even more soppy and the more I thought about it, the more I really didn't want to sell the bike (even though I convince myself I can always find another one later).

So it looks like I'll be lurking around the forums for a little longer yet Besides, it is a second vehicle and that alone would create for ourselves yet another immediate need if I sold it. How does that make sense?

I did put together this GoFundMe page explaining our situation, though, now that you got me thinking about it. So yeah, there you have it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page