Looks like I am never getting rid of my 250r. Nothing but low balls of 1500 - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 Old 02-20-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse5 View Post
If I replace the 30 dollar fender and muffler cover I will NOT tell anyone that it has been dropped. Whats the point of replacing the parts only to tell them its been dropped so they can find some reason to low ball you.
So let me get this straight: You're complaining of a $200 "low-ball" but will stoop to concealing information from the buyer to make a little more money? That's low. How would you like to buy a car that was wrecked, but they didn't tell you about it? Or your new wife didn't tell you she had herpes? Is $200 really all that important to you? If $200 is breaking you this hard, you shouldn't have bought a $1700 motorcycle.

You paid $1700. If $1500 today is a "low-ball" offer, then I guess you "low-balled" the guy you bought it from initially and shouldn't complain. Many people would be glad to sell a vehicle to within $200 of what they paid for it.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 02-20-2017, 10:39 AM

Bikes that sell new for as low as the CBR250R can be totaled in just one low speed drop and slide. Not all damage to things like the fork and swingarm are noticeable to anyone but a trained insurance adjuster. Honesty is the best policy, especially when someone life may depend on it.
shisoshin likes this.
post #13 of 25 Old 02-20-2017, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrlocal View Post
So let me get this straight: You're complaining of a $200 "low-ball" but will stoop to concealing information from the buyer to make a little more money? That's low. How would you like to buy a car that was wrecked, but they didn't tell you about it? Or your new wife didn't tell you she had herpes? Is $200 really all that important to you? If $200 is breaking you this hard, you shouldn't have bought a $1700 motorcycle.

You paid $1700. If $1500 today is a "low-ball" offer, then I guess you "low-balled" the guy you bought it from initially and shouldn't complain. Many people would be glad to sell a vehicle to within $200 of what they paid for it.
No.. I paid list price for it because 1700 was about 500 less than any other cbr250r listed and still is. It also came with a 600 dollar service contract. But no a bike that fell over and broke fairings you replaced is not the same as a wrecked car that has been in the shop. The bike was never in the shop so it does not hurt the value of the motorcycle where if a car if its ever been in a body shop goes down in price and owners can look it up. Lets say for whatever reason I clip something with my front fender and break it. Then replace it with a brand new one. There is no reason to disclose that you broke it and replaced it. Also, what I paid for the bike has no baring on what it should sell for. If I paid a dollar for it should I sell it for 50 cents? I should not have to take a loss.

post #14 of 25 Old 02-20-2017, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Bikes that sell new for as low as the CBR250R can be totaled in just one low speed drop and slide. Not all damage to things like the fork and swingarm are noticeable to anyone but a trained insurance adjuster. Honesty is the best policy, especially when someone life may depend on it.
Pretty sure an unsafe motorcycle here would fail inspection but I have my inspection stickers.
post #15 of 25 Old 02-20-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
No.. I paid list price for it because 1700 was about 500 less than any other cbr250r listed and still is.
$1700 isn't list price; it's way below it. You got a steal. I paid $3000 for mine and got a steal at the time. That doesn't mean I would try to sell it today for $3000 just because I don't want to lose any money on it.
Quote:
It also came with a 600 dollar service contract.
If you see here, you paid $1700 for the bike and service contract together: https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-n...per-lucky.html You didn't pay extra for it, and doesn't increase the value of the bike, particularly since it's not even through Honda (Western Service).
Quote:
But no a bike that fell over and broke fairings you replaced is not the same as a wrecked car that has been in the shop. The bike was never in the shop so it does not hurt the value of the motorcycle...
Really? If there's an incident that occurs and police/insurance isn't involved, it doesn't go on a car's record. A car can still have a clean title with no Carfax report of an accident and still have been in an accident.
Quote:
...where if a car if its ever been in a body shop goes down in price and owners can look it up. Lets say for whatever reason I clip something with my front fender and break it. Then replace it with a brand new one. There is no reason to disclose that you broke it and replaced it.
There's a difference between dropping a milk jug from the grocery store on your fender and replacing it, or dropping the bike on the pavement and cracking your fender. That's a good reason.
Quote:
Also, what I paid for the bike has no baring on what it should sell for. If I paid a dollar for it should I sell it for 50 cents? I should not have to take a loss.
So if you got suckered out of $10,000 for it you would expect to get $10k back for it because you "shouldn't have to take a loss"? It's a bike; not a house. It's not an investment. Value doesn't go up. You're not entitled to a profit on everything you sell; it's not realistic.
Quote:
Pretty sure an unsafe motorcycle here would fail inspection but I have my inspection stickers.
Ever heard of a salvage title? Stuff can get messed up pretty bad, get fixed, and still be considered road-worthy. And how many inspection places check your forks or frame for damage? None. Here, if your lights and horn work, you pass. Hardly a comprehensive exam; that's not their job.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
post #16 of 25 Old 02-20-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
$1700 isn't list price; it's way below it. You got a steal. I paid $3000 for mine and got a steal at the time. That doesn't mean I would try to sell it today for $3000 just because I don't want to lose any money on it.

If you see here, you paid $1700 for the bike and service contract together: https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-n...per-lucky.html You didn't pay extra for it, and doesn't increase the value of the bike, particularly since it's not even through Honda (Western Service).

Really? If there's an incident that occurs and police/insurance isn't involved, it doesn't go on a car's record. A car can still have a clean title with no Carfax report of an accident and still have been in an accident.

There's a difference between dropping a milk jug from the grocery store on your fender and replacing it, or dropping the bike on the pavement and cracking your fender. That's a good reason.

So if you got suckered out of $10,000 for it you would expect to get $10k back for it because you "shouldn't have to take a loss"? It's a bike; not a house. It's not an investment. Value doesn't go up. You're not entitled to a profit on everything you sell; it's not realistic.

Ever heard of a salvage title? Stuff can get messed up pretty bad, get fixed, and still be considered road-worthy. And how many inspection places check your forks or frame for damage? None. Here, if your lights and horn work, you pass. Hardly a comprehensive exam; that's not their job.
Okay so I get a steal at 1700.. why should I sell it for less than already a steal? Do me a favor.. Go on craigslist and search state wide.. Tell me.. how many 2013 cbr250rs are there for 1500? Now search for 2013 Ninja 250rs.. How many 1500 dollar 250s are you find?

Also, why would I bother sell it on cragslist if I can get 1400-1500 trade in on the ******************** thing from the dealer?

Last edited by Alphonse5; 02-20-2017 at 01:56 PM.
post #17 of 25 Old 02-20-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Okay so I get a steal at 1700.. why should I sell it for less than already a steal? Do me a favor.. Go on craigslist and search state wide.. Tell me.. how many 2013 cbr250rs are there for 1500? Now search for 2013 Ninja 250rs.. How many 1500 dollar 250s are you find?
It is highly subjective on your location (which we have no idea where you are) and the time of year. As I said, if you want more for it, wait until riding season.

But to humor you, 30 seconds later: https://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/5985652752.html

AND he's taking best offers.

Quote:
Also, why would I bother sell it on cragslist if I can get 1400-1500 trade in on the ******************** thing from the dealer?
Is that rhetorical, or do you really want us to answer it?

post #18 of 25 Old 02-20-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:

Then TRADE it, already!

I don't know what you expected here. You asked some questions. You got answers. You didn't like those answers, so you objected to them . . . but tha's the way it is sometimes; the answers aren't always what you'd like.

Maybe it's time to just get over it . . . .

"What do YOU care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman
post #19 of 25 Old 02-20-2017, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
It is highly subjective on your location (which we have no idea where you are) and the time of year. As I said, if you want more for it, wait until riding season.

But to humor you, 30 seconds later: https://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/5985652752.html

AND he's taking best offers.

Is that rhetorical, or do you really want us to answer it?
That one has mechanical problems
post #20 of 25 Old 02-20-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
That one has mechanical problems
And yours has been dropped. Your point is?

(And nothing in that ad discloses to me it has mechanical problems. At least he disclosed it.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cbrlocal For This Useful Post:
awanatech (02-24-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page