What did you do to your cbr250r today? - Page 231 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

 140Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2301 of 2334 Old 10-01-2017, 07:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Schroeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,809
Thanks: 206
Thanked 356 Times in 293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Found another tiny rusty spot on my fuel tank.
That's the second one and the bike sits under a cover (though it's way down near the seat so maybe I've been rubbing that spot with my jacket without noticing it...but it's disappointing nonetheless).
Going to fix it next week. Can't be bothered today and tomorrow I'm assigned as an election worker for our federal election.
Removed the rust today and put a bit of paint on the metal. Doesn't look great but who cares.

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Schroeder is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2302 of 2334 Old 12-19-2017, 07:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Brazil
Posts: 38
Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Garage
My last track day December 16th 2017:



Pullin is offline  
post #2303 of 2334 Old 12-20-2017, 01:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Te Anau, New Zealand
Posts: 242
Thanks: 17
Thanked 33 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullin View Post
My last track day December 16th 2017:
Nice one, your really getting that sucker over! What tyres are you running?
The mirrors look like they could be distracting folded up like that, how come you dont take them off?
I did a couple of track days on my old CBR250R repsol and enjoyed the experience so much i went on to get a dedicated track bike.
I used to remove my bar end mirror and we had to tape over the headlight and indicators before they would let us out on track.
Great fun.

2013 CBR250R repsol (sold)
2014 CBR300R (sold)
2007 SV650 (track bike)
2004 XR250R (dirt bike)
2018 Ninja 400
kiwi rider is offline  
 
post #2304 of 2334 Old 12-21-2017, 07:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Brazil
Posts: 38
Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi rider View Post
Nice one, your really getting that sucker over! What tyres are you running?
The mirrors look like they could be distracting folded up like that, how come you dont take them off?
I did a couple of track days on my old CBR250R repsol and enjoyed the experience so much i went on to get a dedicated track bike.
I used to remove my bar end mirror and we had to tape over the headlight and indicators before they would let us out on track.
Great fun.
Thanks! Im using Pirelli Diablo Rosso II, Im planning to change to Pirelli Supercorsa SC in the future. Its easier to just folded up the mirros and dont bother me.
kiwi rider likes this.
Pullin is offline  
post #2305 of 2334 Old 01-05-2018, 03:07 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Fitted the Speedo Healer today. In 38 degree heat..
Will take it out for a quick spin tomorrow morning to check if my speedo is now correct. (43 degrees tomorrow, so won't be out for long )

Pulled the bike apart a bit too much before i worked out where the speedo sensor plug was..
But in the whole process i've discovered that the faring on the left hand side is being held on by a bolt that has an extra 'shim' of metal near the head (Maybe to go through a rubber/plastic piece of something). Not the same on the right hand side.. so i'm thinking someone has had it apart before and put this one back in the wrong spot.

So Speedo Healer works well... Now have it set to Speedo: 100 = GPS 98
Gives that little bit of leeway if i go over a bit..
kiwi rider likes this.

Last edited by Krondorf; 01-06-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Krondorf is offline  
post #2306 of 2334 Old 01-07-2018, 06:09 AM
Junior Member
 
Juangt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Andalusia, Spain
Posts: 13
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, as the winter here is cold I don't ride a lot, so my CBR was getting quite dirt... Today I've washed it and I've checked the levels of the coolant and the oil. The tire pressure was really low so now they're perfect and finally I've lubricated the chain. She looks soooo beautiful... I'm waiting ansious the spring coming!
shisoshin likes this.

"If in doubt, flat out". - Colin McRae
Juangt is offline  
post #2307 of 2334 Old 01-07-2018, 06:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Te Anau, New Zealand
Posts: 242
Thanks: 17
Thanked 33 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krondorf View Post
Fitted the Speedo Healer today. In 38 degree heat..
Will take it out for a quick spin tomorrow morning to check if my speedo is now correct. (43 degrees tomorrow, so won't be out for long )

Pulled the bike apart a bit too much before i worked out where the speedo sensor plug was..
But in the whole process i've discovered that the faring on the left hand side is being held on by a bolt that has an extra 'shim' of metal near the head (Maybe to go through a rubber/plastic piece of something). Not the same on the right hand side.. so i'm thinking someone has had it apart before and put this one back in the wrong spot.

So Speedo Healer works well... Now have it set to Speedo: 100 = GPS 98
Gives that little bit of leeway if i go over a bit..
I'm gonna take a stab and suggest that you live in NSW state, Australia?

2013 CBR250R repsol (sold)
2014 CBR300R (sold)
2007 SV650 (track bike)
2004 XR250R (dirt bike)
2018 Ninja 400
kiwi rider is offline  
post #2308 of 2334 Old 01-07-2018, 10:20 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi rider View Post
I'm gonna take a stab and suggest that you live in NSW state, Australia?
Nope, next one to the left...
SA
kiwi rider likes this.
Krondorf is offline  
post #2309 of 2334 Old 01-08-2018, 12:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Te Anau, New Zealand
Posts: 242
Thanks: 17
Thanked 33 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krondorf View Post
Nope, next one to the left...
SA
I see on the news tonite that Penrith suburb in Sydney hit 47 yst. Hard for a Kiwi boy to imagine. We start complaining when it hits 30!
Krondorf likes this.

2013 CBR250R repsol (sold)
2014 CBR300R (sold)
2007 SV650 (track bike)
2004 XR250R (dirt bike)
2018 Ninja 400
kiwi rider is offline  
post #2310 of 2334 Old 01-08-2018, 07:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southern England
Posts: 388
Thanks: 16
Thanked 52 Times in 42 Posts
Garage
3 degrees here in the south of England today, colder than I've got kit to make pleasant.
I did get the first ride of the year in on Saturday, 40 miles down to the coast and back in 6-7 degrees. That's about the lower limit for heated grips and the gloves I own.

Today: I've got those little plates at the ends of the swing arm here at work for rust removal and repainting.
kiwi rider likes this.
Keith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome