What did you do to your cbr250r today? - Page 234 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

140Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2331 of 2335 Old 05-06-2018, 04:24 AM

Garage
Going back to the NC750 conversation. I could live with a 50hp 750 if it didn't weight 220kg. Why so heavy? Yamaha's MT07 is capable of similar economy if ridden sedately and gives you the option of going quicker when you want to with nearly 40kg less metal to drag along.
Mufasa likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2332 of 2335 Old 05-12-2018, 07:26 PM

Fitted a used delkevic slip on. Noise was a bit of a shock initially but think it'll be staying on.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
post #2333 of 2335 Old 05-15-2018, 03:01 PM

I've moved on; I miss the bike already for jaunts around the city!

2011 CBR250R - Red

post #2334 of 2335 Old 11-25-2018, 07:06 AM

Filled her with gas one last time to put her in winter storage. Cleaned her and lubed the chain. No oil change this time as there will be the 36.000km inspection coming up in a few miles and I had changed the oil earlier this year and barely rode here because of financial shortages (though that problem has thankfully been somewhat solved now with a new, ridiculously low paying, job).

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2335 of 2335 Unread 09-10-2019, 05:30 AM

Garage
I just recently gave her a service for my 4000km Sanity check oil change. (I take it to the dealer every 12000km)
I decided to change my oil from Castrol ActEvo 10w40 to Ravenol Ester 10w40. What a difference. No power difference but sound. My bike normally had a ticking noise (Probably Valves they were recently checked 4000 km ago and all valves were in perfect spec, Bike is on 53000 km), but now that ticking noise is gone.

I checked and the Castrol ActEvo was an old Spec'd oil of API SJ and the New Oil is API SM plus it's an Ester oil.

Anyway enough about that. Safe Riding all.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

My Fuel Economy by

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in