CBR 250R 2012 serious modifications - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 03-13-2018, 11:30 PM

Looks good, what is the best result to me is that it is all still legit for the street. Welldone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 03-14-2018, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage
My last track day 02/17/2018, video onboard:

post #13 of 17 Old 03-29-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullin View Post
Well, itīs my track bike Maybe in the future I would buy a Hotbodies race bodywork.

Man, you really get that thing leaning!
The Following User Says Thank You to TrippplePPP For This Useful Post:
Pullin (04-06-2018)

post #14 of 17 Old 04-03-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
My last track day 02/17/2018, video onboard:

Nice Clip 👍🏼
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Sniper For This Useful Post:
Pullin (04-06-2018)
post #15 of 17 Old 04-12-2018, 04:54 AM

Definitely you have the bike I'd like to have if I had money! Looks amazing and I suppose that the difference between yours and the stock one must be enormous. Enjoy it! Nice work
Pullin and octane_fx like this.

"If in doubt, flat out". - Colin McRae
post #16 of 17 Old 05-06-2018, 02:51 PM

Garage
Nice bike Pullin. Do you have the details of the foot pegs (product code?). I would like to get a set of those.

Also seat cowl you have is much nicer than mine. I got the CBR250R Honda carbon version. Am kicking myself now as yours looks much better.

Only thing I would suggest to you though is changing the undercowl. I think the OEM undercowl of the CBR250R is pretty nasty looking. Would recommend the Magical Racing version - good fit, nice looking and good finish.
post #17 of 17 Old 05-08-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
First, I need to buy a motorcycle trailer
You should consider something like the Ace single motorcycle trailer. It folds for storage so it doesn't take up too much room, and it comes with wheeled stands on each side so you can move it around and keep the wheels off the ground. It is plenty light enough to tow with a car, but you will want at least two people if you are going to pick it up and throw it in the back of the SUV. A quick check online shows they are about $900. The ace trailer my dad bought came with some decent looking 12" alloy wheels, and bias ply Kenda K353 5.3-12 tires. The tires are only speed rated for 65 mph, but held up just fine at 70-75 for long periods of time, they barely even got warm! The bearings are easy to service, there is just a cap on the end of the axle that you pry off to let the old grease come out when you put new grease in. The hubs also only got warm even with extended highway use. Our Ace trailer got used twice so far for hauling grey import bikes from Canada to Georgia.

As far as complaints with the trailer:

The inner axle seals on our trailer are iffy, and let grease sling out at high speeds and get the wheels dirty.
There are sharp edges on the trailer tubes which may damage the wiring.
It was probably our fault, but the bracket holding one of the fenders on cracked(I think from strapping it down). I would have expected it to at least bend first, but it just cracked.

When we were getting the first grey import bike, my CBR 250R, my dad decided against buying a trailer, so we rented a Ufail motorcycle trailer which had a big barn door on the back. On the way up to Canadia we got 18 MPG, in a crossover rated for 32 highway. MPG improved slightly to 19 with the addition of a motorcycle on the back. To compare, with the Ace riding INSIDE the crossover we got 28 mpg on the way up(going fast), and 29 mpg on the way down with it deployed and loaded with a bike. The fuel savings alone was a pretty good incentive to get the trailer, but not having to stop every 200 miles or so to add gas to a 15 gallon tank at 18 MPG was pretty convenient as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqN,!mEFHdMlyr,LBR+BW6KF6Q~~60_35.JPG (8.7 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by Das Chicken; 05-08-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page